Subject: Dreyfus Fellow teaching postdoc position

From: [email-masked] (Roger L. DeKock)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:21:04 -0500

POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Camille and Henry Dreyfus Postdoctoral Fellowship, Calvin College.
The Department of Chemistry seeks applications from recent Ph.D. recipients
to fill a Dreyfus Fellow position for 9/1/96 to 8/30/98.  We seek
candidates who are committed to a career in undergraduate teaching and
research.  The successful candidate will teach in general chemistry and
physical/computational chemistry and work with the Dreyfus Scholar (Roger
L. DeKock) on research projects involving computational chemistry. 
Preference will be given to those with a Ph.D. in inorganic or
physical/computational chemistry.  Calvin College is a Christian liberal
arts college in the Reformed tradition.  Teaching effectiveness, a strong
interest or training in computational chemistry, and a religious commitment
compatible with the mission of a Christian liberal arts institution are
essential.  Submit transcripts, C.V., three letters of reference, and a 2-3
page research plan.  At least one letter of reference should address the
candidate's (potential) teaching abilities, and one his/her research
abilities.  The search committee will begin its work during the first week
of January, 1996 and proceed until the position is filled.
  
Initial E-mail enquiries are welcome to [email-masked].

Address:  Search Committee, Department of Chemistry, Calvin College, 3201
Burton St. S.E., Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4388 USA. Calvin College is an
EO/AA employer and encourages applications from under-represented
minorities and women.

------------------------------------------------
Roger L. DeKock, Professor
Department of Chemistry
Calvin College
3201 Burton St. S.E.
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546-4388  USA

Phone:  (616) 957-6344
Fax:    (616) 957-6501
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.calvin.edu/~deko