Subject: Spring-96 Computational Chemistry Workshops

From: "Wayne Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:42:00 -0800

Dear Colleagues,

As we are entering the 4th year of offering Computational Chemistry
Workshops to the chemical community, we would like to express our
gratitude to the people who have supported and participated these
workshops the past three years. We will continue to maintain and
improve the quality of these short courses and provide practical
instruction and hands-on experience to chemists at all levels.

The next year workshops have been scheduled (see below). For more
information, please contact me at [email-masked] or check out
our workshop web page at http://www.wavefun.com/workshop.html.

Happy Computing,

Wayne Huang

Attachment is the information on the workshop and course materials.
The complete brochure can be sent via fax/mail upon request.
======================================================================

		------------------------------------
		| COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY WORKSHOP |
		------------------------------------

Intensive 3-day workshops focus on application of modern electronic
structure methods to chemistry. Lectures will describe underlying
theory, assess performance of modern electronic structure methods,
outline practical strategies for doing calculations, and illustrate
results of applications to diverse chemical problems. Laboratories
provide hands-on experience using a wide selection experiments, as
well as ample time to explore your own chemistry. Visualization and
animation will also be presented for both educational demonstration
and research presentation.

Here are the summary of workshop information:

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/                                                                _/
_/                    COMPUTATIONAL CHEMSITRY WORKSHOPS           _/
_/						                  _/
_/ Format:      3-day intensive workshop on electronic structure  _/
_/              methods and applications, and hands-on molecular  _/
_/              modeling laboratory on individual workstations.   _/
_/              It will provide:                                  _/
_/							          _/
_/		 o Concise summary of modern electronic structure _/
_/                 methods                                        _/
_/		 o Assessment of range and performance of their   _/
_/		   applications					  _/
_/		 o Hands-on experience in molecular modeling      _/
_/		 o Graphical Analysis of results                  _/
_/		 o Visualization and animation of structures and  _/
_/		   reactions 					  _/
_/							          _/
_/ Schedule:	January Workshop:   Jan., 10-12, 1996             _/
_/              March Workshop:     March, 6-8, 1996              _/
_/              June Workshop:      June, 12-14, 1996             _/
_/								  _/
_/ Instructors: Lecture Section - Dr. Warren Hehre		  _/
_/              Lab Section     - Dr. Wayne Huang		  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Location:    Wavefunction, Inc. Irvine, California, USA	  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Fee:         $1000 (50% off for academics, $500), which        _/
_/		includes course registration, four computational  _/
_/		textbooks and one animated CD-ROM, all breakfasts _/
_/		and lunches.  			                  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Textbooks:	o "Chemistry with Computation", Warren Hehre &	  _/
_/                Wayne Huang, 1995.				  _/
_/		o "Experiments in Computational Organic Chemistry"_/
_/                Warren Hehre, Lonnie Burke, Alan Shusterman and _/
_/    		  William Pietro, 1993.				  _/
_/		o "A Short Course in Modern Electronic Structure  _/
_/  		  Methods", Warren Hehre, 1995.			  _/
_/		o Educational CD-ROM "SpartanLive - Visualization _/
_/		  of Chemical Structures and Reactions", Tom Hehre_/
_/		  Lonnie Burke, Wayne Huang & Warren Hehre, 1995. _/
_/		o "Practical Strategies for Electronic Structure  _/
_/		  Calculations", Warren Hehre, 1995.		  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Information: Workshop WWW: http://www.wavefun.com/workshop.html_/
_/		or contact Wayne Huang for further information    _/
_/		including detailed brochure and course curriculum._/
_/              Tel: (714)955-2120 Fax: (714)955-2118	          _/
_/              E-mail: [email-masked]		          _/
_/							          _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

This workshop is also available on site upon request, although the
format could be varied. Please contact us for more information.
(Sorry for the bandwidth)

-- 
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Wayne Huang, Ph.D.    	|  18401 Von Karman, Suite 370        | 
|  Computational Chemist 	|  Irvine, California 92715           |
|  Wavefunction, Inc.    	|  (714)955-2120 Fax: (714)955-2118   |  
|  [email-masked]     	|  World Wide Web: http://wavefun.com |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+