Subject: dielectric constant in SYBYL

From: "Robert F. Setlik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 18:17:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi netters,

I am using SYBYL with Kollman all-atom parameters to energy minimize
a nucleic acid model.  Do any of you have any ideas on the dielectric 
constant to use if there are no explicit waters or counterions present.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers,

Rob Setlik

_______________________________________________________________

Robert F. Setlik
Biophysics Department,
Roswell Park Cancer Institute,
Buffalo, NY
14263
CCC 218

Phone (716) 845-3048 (Lab)
Fax:  (716) 845-8906
Email: [email-masked]

Member of "Buffalo's inability to ever win a world championship
in any major sport due to our incessent infatuation with mediocraty
task force"
_______________________________________________________________