Subject: SUMMARY WASP

From: [email-masked] (Gerardo Soto-Campos)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 1995 14:07:09 -0300

A couple of days ago I requested info about the software WASP; and some people
asked me to post a summary. I got one answer, which follows:

****************************************************************************
************

Dominic Di Toro wrote to me:

Dear Dr. Soto-Campos
I have no idea if the WASP you are referring to is the Water Analysis
and Simulation Program (WASP) that we authored in early 1980's and is
still used today in modified form.  It is a water quality simulation
program that is general enough to be used for streams, estuaries,
lakes and oceans.  It computes distributions of dissolved oxygen,
and eutrophication related variables: nitrogen forms, phosphorus and
algal chlorophyll.  Let me know if this is what you are interested in.

Dominic M. Di Toro
Research Professor
Environmental Engineering Department
Manhattan College Bronx NY 10471
[email-masked]

****************************************************************************
********

Also from Dominic Di Toro:

"Contact the EPA lab in Athens, Georgia.  They will supply you with code,
manuals etc.
Bob Ambrose: 404-546-3546
or
Tom Barnwell: 404-546-3175

Also, see the EPA home page and look for the Athens Research lab.  I've
been told that you can get the code by FTP.

Have fun,

Dom

Dominic M. Di Toro
Research Professor
Environmental Engineering Department
Manhattan College Bronx NY 10471
[email-masked]

****************************************************************************
**************

I hope is useful to the people who requested it.

Sincerely,

Gerardo Soto-Campos.