Subject: N cubed processor

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 1995 19:33:30 -0500 (EST)

We are considering the possibility of acquiring an N^3 parallel processor with
an IRIX front end.(32 proc)I would like to hear from people in the computational
chemistry community who have such a system and wether or not they have been
satisfied with its performance?  Is it significantly faster than regular
processors? Were you able to install and use G90, 92 or a similar program
easily? Sorry for a rather general question, but I really wanted some input
>from computational chemists who have actually used this box before
 getting a possible expensive to maintain and use paperweight!! 

Please send responses directly to me at:
[email-masked]
or [email-masked]
 
L. Kraig Steffen
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Fairfield University
Fairfield Connecticut,  06430
203 254 4000 ex 2254
fax: 203 254 4034