Subject: help with compiling TCGMSG

From: Xiaofeng Duan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 09:34:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi, there!
I was trying to compile TCGMSG (version 4.04) toolkit for parallel GAMESS 
on SGI (operating system version 6.01) machine. But I never got it done. 
The error message says "-I/user/include/bsd" and "-I/usr/include/sun" do 
not refer to a valid directory. and the FATAL error is that there is no 
such file or directory for "-lsun". I searched /user/include directory 
and nerver found "bsd" and "sun" files there. Does anyone have any 
experience to compile TCGMSG on SGI and know how to overcome these problems?
Thanks in advance!

****************************************
Xiaofeng Duan, Ph. D.
WL/MLBP, Bldg. 654
2941 P St. Ste. 1
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433
(513)255-9164
[email-masked]
****************************************

---

From: "Omar G. Stradella" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 15:15:12 -0500

On Dec 5,  9:34am, Xiaofeng Duan wrote:
> Subject: CCL:help with compiling TCGMSG
> Hi, there!

Those directories/libraries aren't needed anymore. You'll need a 64 or n32
version of TCGMSG to take advantage of the R8000 architecture, you can get
one from the anonymous ftp at:

ftp.sgi.com:/pub/tcgmsg.4.04.r8k.tar.Z

Omar.

-- 
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Omar G. Stradella, Ph.D.                     Silicon Graphics, Inc. 
 E-mail: [email-masked]                 Computational Chemistry 
 Phone:  +1-(508) 567-2258                http://www.sgi.com/ChemBio 
 FAX:    +1-(508) 562-4755     http://reality.sgi.com/employees/omar 
+------  Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn  -------+