Subject: Press Release

From: Jorge Manrique <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 11:35:49 -0700

IHS GROUP'S BEILSTEIN INFORMATIONSSYSTEME JOINS FORCES WITH GMELIN
INSTITUTE TO OFFER WORLD'S MOST COMPLETE CHEMICAL INFORMATION SOURCE

Englewood, Colorado - December 4, 1995.  Mike Timbers, President & CEO of IHS
GROUP, and Prof. Ekkehard Fluck, Director of Gmelin Institut, today announced
a historic agreement, whereby Beilstein Informationssysteme GmbH will license
and market Gmelin's unique database of property information for inorganic    
chemicals and organometallic compounds.

As a result, Beilstein subscribers will now have access to the world's single
most comprehensive information resource on chemical compunds.  Both the 
Beilstein and Gmelin databases will be fully accessible using Beilstein's
recently completed and highly acclaimed CrossFire chemical information
management software.

Timbers is "delighted to build on the historically close ties between Beilstein
Institut and its inorganic cousin, Gmelin Institut."  He added "the two 
organizations have separately developed what are clearly the premium 
information databases in each of their respective fields" and that "Beilstein
 is now able to provide the chemical and pharmaceutical industries with access 
to a unique and invaluable source of  information across both organic and 
inorganic chemistry."

Prof. Fluck is "proud of the Institut having developed the very highest quality
and most complete database of information relating to inorganic and 
organometallic compounds" and is "excited by the potential to expand the access 
to this information through its partnership with Beilstein Informationssysteme."

Clemens Jochum, Managing Director of Beilstein Informationssysteme, 
explained that the two databases incorporate "all published structural, physical
and chemical property information on more than 8 million compounds and
11 million reactions in more than 40 million separate property data reports.  
This represents by far the most comprehensive information resource 
of its kind worldwide."

According to Jochum, "both databases will be available over CrossFire 
on an annual subscription basis, providing chemical and pharmaceutical 
researchers with unlimited access throughout the year for a single up-front 
payment."  Beilstein has found its customers much prefer the ability to budget 
for information resources in advance, rather than be at the mercy of typically 
high and unpredicatable online usage charges.

Based on client-server RISC technology, CrossFire is the world's most powerful
chemical information management system, and is the only software capable of 
searching both large third party chemical databases, such as Beilstein's, 
and users own internal chemical databases.

The Beilstein and Gmelin chemical information libraries , both founded over 
a century ago, were only recently converted into a sophisticated chemical
structure - property database format with the support of the German Ministry 
for Education, Science, Research & Technology and the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft.  
All information is captured and held in English.

An IHS GROUP majority owned joint-venture with Beilstein Institut, Beilstein
Informationssysteme GmbH acquired exclusive and perpetual worldwide rights 
to the chemical information database and software assets of Beilstein Institut
 in 1993.  Beilstein Institut continues in its mission to validate published
information on organic chemical compunds.  Its finding are incorporated
into the Beilstein database.

IHS GROUP is a leading international publisher of technical, regulatory, 
chemical and consumer reference databases, with forecast 1995 worldwide
sales of US$260 million.

For further information, please contact:

	Miles Baldwin			or	Clemens Jochum
	Senior Director, Corporate Development		Managing Director
	IHS GROUP				Beilstein Informationssysteme
Tel: 	(+1-303) 397-2228			Tel: 	(+49-69) 7917-411
	[email-masked]			[email-masked]

Jorge Manrique
Director of Marketing
Beilstein Information Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]