Subject: MacCHARMM ?

From: [email-masked] (Brian W. Beck)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 09:07:00 -0800 (PST)

With the purchase of my new powermac, I now have in my desktop
	a processor more powerful than that in some of the UNIX workstations
	I use. Indeed the powerpc 604 is what IBM is putting in some of
	it's latest RS6000s.

	Also, the latest versions of CHARMM have hooks into GAMESS
	and GAMESS has been compiled for the PowerMac.

	It makes me think that I could save compute cycles if I could
	perform some of my analysis on my PowerMac instead of on my
	workstations.

	Has there been any thought to making a PowerMac version of CHARMM?

	-Brian
-- 
=============================================================================
|   .---------.| Brian W. Beck      |    E-mail Addresses:                  |
|/\ |         || Biochem/Biophysics |        [email-masked]        |
|| \\     WSU || Washington St. Univ|   [email-masked]                  |
|\  -        *|| rm 206 Fulmer      |  URL  http://elmo.chem.wsu.edu/~brian |
| |           || Pullman, WA        |    VOICE    (509) 335-4083            |
| \___________||       99164-4660   |      FAX    (509) 335-9688            |
=============================================================================