Subject: The Internet Censors in US Congress are back

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 17:06:25 -0500

Sorry -- this is not CC, but the coordinator feels it is important.
Please get involved and study the issue, react if you feel so...

   More info on this issue can be had at http://www.cdt.org/

==========================================================================
     CAMPAIGN TO STOP THE NET CENSORSHIP LEGISLATION IN CONGRESS

    On Tuesday December 12, 1995, Join With Hundreds of Thousands
                  Of Your Fellow Internet Users In

                  A NATIONAL INTERNET DAY OF PROTEST

      PLEASE WIDELY REDISTRIBUTE THIS DOCUMENT WITH THIS BANNER INTACT
                REDISTRIBUTE ONLY UNTIL December 20, 1995

---------------------------------------
Outrageous proposals to censor the Internet demand that the Internet Community
take swift and immediate action. We must stand up and let Congress know that
we will not tolerate their attempts to destroy this medium! Please join
hundreds of thousands of your fellow citizens in a National Day of Protest
on Tuesday December 12, 1995. 

A vote on this issue is exected to occur Tuesday 12/12. House Speaker Newt
Gingrich (R-GA), who opposed the Original Exon/Coats CDA, along with Rep. Rick
White (R-WA), are working to narrow the current proposals in an effort to
protect freedom of speech and the viability of the Internet as a means of
education and commerce. They and the rest of their colleagues in Congress
need to hear from concerned citizens and the net.community before it is too
late. 

On Tuesday December 12, CDT, VTW, EFF, EPIC, the ACLU, and other activist
groups are urging you to join us in a National Day of Protest. The goal
is to flood key members of the House and Senate with phone calls, faxes
and email with the message that the Internet community WILL NOT TOLERATE
Congressional attempts to destroy the Internet, limit our freedoms, and
trample on our rights. 
==========================================================

Cut and forwarded by
Jan Labanowski
[email-masked]