Subject: Sybyl aromatic bonds

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 09:28:07 +1

Dear Netters,

> 
> Have you ever used SYBYL? During the last few days, I was astonished to 
> find SYBYL does have problem in reading PDB files. Let me elaborate now.
> 
[troubles with aromatic atoms deleted]

The converison program Mol2mol can handle such a problems, as it uses
a quite sophisticated algorithm to perceive the chemical surrounding
of atoms, when reassigning of atom and bond types is necessary. 
Moreover, when converting to SYBYL or similar molecule file formats 
with extended atom types, the user can interfere and choose whether
aromatic or single/double bond and atom types should be used in the 
output file. The program is available from Cherwell Scientific Publ.,
http://cherwell.com/cherwell, or [email-masked]

Tamas E. Gunda

************************************************************************
   Tamas E. Gunda, Ph.D.               phone: (+36-52) 316666 ext 2479
   Research Group of Antibiotics       fax  : (+36-52) 310936
   L. Kossuth University               e-mail: [email-masked]
   POBox 36                                   
   H-4010 Debrecen
   Hungary
************************************************************************