Subject: CM5 and SINDO1 summary

From: [email-masked] (Darren Simpson)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 17:52:22 +0930

Hi CCL'ers,

Following is the summary of responses to my question about SINDO1 and CM5
software.  Special thanks to the following people for their helpful
suggestions.  It's reassuring to know help is only a key stroke away.

Thanks,

Darren

 ............................................................................
 ......

From:

Jian Li
The Scripps Research Institute
La Jolla,  CA 92037

>SINDO1 was developed by Prof. Jug's group at Hannover, Germany.
>For more information, please contact [email-masked]
>.de or browse the web page http://ws2.theochem.uni-hannover.de/theochem
>.html. There are another several semi-empirical methods which can 
>handle 1st row transition elements, like ZINDO by Prof. Zerner,
>and probably PM(tm) from Wavefunction Inc.. By the way, what is
>your purpose to use SINDO1? As one of the co-authers of SINDO1-TM,
>hopefully I can give some hints. 
                        ......................

From:

********************************************************************************
*   Henryette Roth                     *                                       *
*   Computer Chemie Centrum            *  All opinions expressed by this
user  **   Inst. f. Org. Chemie I             *  are well-reasoned and
insightful.    **   Universitaet Erlangen              *  Needless to say,
they are not those  **   Naegelsbachstr. 25                 *  of his
advisor or university.        *
*   91052 Erlangen                     *                                       *
********************************************************************************
*   [email-masked]
****************************************************************************
*****

>if you are interested in SINDO1 calculations get in touch with Thomas Bredow.
>He is a collaborator of Karl Jug who developed SINDO1. His email address is
>[email-masked].
>SINDO1 is written in Fortran77 and normally you will succeed in compiling it
>on every platform you want - at least we did.
                         ......................

From:

Steven Trohalaki
[email-masked] 

>regarding your recent ccl inquiry, i've run the program GAMESS on a CM5
>and it does do semiempirical MO calculations such as AM1.
                          .....................