Subject: Seeking published info ....

From: "Hr Dr. S. Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 13:33:08 +0100 (MET)

Dear Colleagues;

     I am seeking references dealing _specifically_ with the assignment of
absolute configurations of chiral alcohols/chiral -OH moieties using

     (i): chiroptical methodologies/exciton chirality method

    (ii): vibrational circular dichroism

   (iii): (ii) in combination with ab initio normal mode analysis

     If you can share any specific references (as opposed to general review
articles, which I don't especially need) dealing with (i)-(iii) vis-a'-vis
the assignment of absolute configurations of chiral alcohols, I would be
grateful to hear from you as soon as possible.

     Wishing everyone a healthful and successful New Year, I remain

Sincerely,

(Dr.) S. Shapiro
Institut fuer orale Mikrobiologie und allgemeine Immunologie
Zentrum fuer Zahn-, Mund- und Kieferheilkunde der Universitaet Zuerich
Plattenstrasse 11
Postfach
CH-8028 Zuerich 7
Switzerland

Internet: [email-masked]
FAX-nr: ( ... + 1) 261'56'83