Subject: Re: CCL:G:gaussian and winn95

From: [email-masked] (Joel Polowin)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 95 10:47:44 -0500

> From: Mario Tulio Rosado <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 14:20:16 +0100 (LISBOA)
> 
> I have been working with Gaussian 92 for Windows / DFT under Windows 3.1
> We now upgraded our system to Windows 95. Gaussian fails to run jobs
> (aborting allways at link 101 (L101.EXE) ) and returns an error message
> refering to OS error code 15.
> 
> My question is:
> 
> Is thhere a way to overcome this, or it is impossible to run Gaussian
> under windows95?

I do not know about Gaussian, but it appears that our own software will
not run properly under Windows 95 unless the "Regional Settings" are set
to "English (United States)".  We do not know why; there is some problem
involving a failure to recognise text strings that are sent through the
Dynamic Data Exchange, or even just read from text files -- even though
the software and the data files are not changed.  You might try changing
your settings to "English (United States)" to see if that helps.

The problem appears to be quite specific.  "English (Canadian)" does not
let the software work; I do not know what Microsoft thinks is the difference
between Canadian and U.S. English, and I am not sure that I want to know.
"English (British)", "English (Irish)", "Spanish (Modern sort)", and the
"Standard" versions of German, Dutch, and French also fail.  It was at
this point that I stopped looking.

Joel
 
------------
Joel Polowin, Ph.D.   Manager, Scientific Support
Email to: [email-masked] 

Hypercube Inc, 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, Ont, Canada N2L 3X2 (519)725-4040
Info requests to: [email-masked]    Support questions to: [email-masked]
Email group: Send "subscribe hyperchem" to [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.hyper.com/