Subject: Introducing RIP-2 multimedia graphics for the Internet!

From: TeleGrafix Information <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 13:45:15 -0800 (PST)

Happy New Year from TeleGrafix:

     Since you are an important colleague of ours in the online media 
community, TeleGrafix is sending this short news release to brief you 
about an important new Internet technology. 

     Following two years of development, TeleGrafix Communications 
is offering you FREE communications software to try RIP-2 (Remote 
Imaging Protocol-2).  RIP-2 is a new technology that enables you to 
create TV-style multimedia presentations or electronic newspapers 
that fly through the Internet and ordinary phone lines at dazzling 
speeds using regular modems.  We expect RIP-2 to quickly become 
an important Internet technical standard like HTML, Java or VRML.  

     We invite you to sample RIP-2 multimedia on TeleGrafix's Vector 
Sector BBS at (714) 379-2133.  To fully experience it, please 
download the "shareware" RIPterm v2.2 communications software 
from the BBS.  RIPterm costs you nothing unless you choose to 
register it with TeleGrafix for upgrades and tech support. 
RIP-2 technical data and RIPterm v2.2 also are available for 
download at http://www.telegrafix.com on the World Wide Web. 

     RIP-2 encodes graphics as hyper-compressed ASCII text files that 
are as little as one-tenth the size of other formats, and introduces 
new elements to online publishing such as multiple-column screen 
layouts.   RIP-2 is fully compatible with the Internet and any wired 
or wireless communications networks that use 7-bit or 8-bit ASCII 
text.  It's the only online multimedia technology usable via any 
communications link without special protocols such as TCP/IP, 
dedicated servers or other custom software.  

     TeleGrafix is now accepting requests from software developers 
and online system operators who want copies of the RIP-2 Internet 
multimedia language specification when it is published in early 1996.  
The first generation of RIP technology, introduced in 1993, is the 
world's BBS graphics standard. It is used on thousands of BBS 
systems, and is supported by dozens of online software vendors 
including Delrina, Galacticomm, Hayes and Mustang.  

     Inexpensive RIPaint-2 multimedia authoring and publishing 
software is available from TeleGrafix for US$99.95 through January 
31, 1996.  All purchases include 25 bonus copies of RIPterm 
communications software valued at $500.  Web browser "plug-ins" 
are slated for release in early 1996.  TeleGrafix will pay BBS sysops 
and Internet webmasters who place RIP-2 software on their online 
systems for public downloading.  Details and applications are 
available on the Vector Sector BBS and Web site.   

     If you don't want to learn more about RIP-2 technology, please 
send E-mail to the address at the bottom of this letter and you will 
not receive any future news releases.

     We look forward to helping you, and we wish you a Happy New Year. 

     Sincerely,

     Pat Clawson          Mark Hayton         Jeff Reeder
     President/CEO        VP/Technology       Chairman & CyberWizard

                   TeleGrafix Communications Inc.
                  16458 Bolsa Chica Road, Suite 15
                 Huntington Beach, California 92649

             Voice: (714) 379-2131   Fax: (714) 379-2132
               BBS: (714) 379-2133   WEB: http://www.telegrafix.com
          Internet: [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent by the mailing list system [email-masked].
To remove yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to
[email-masked] with a single command on the first line of the
message reading "unsubscribe customer".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TeleGrafix Communications, Inc.           Sales: (714) 379-2141
16458 Bolsa Chica, #15                      Fax: (714) 379-2132
Huntington Beach, CA 92649                  BBS: (714) 379-2133
WWW: http://www.telegrafix.com
FTP: ftp.telegrafix.com