Subject: Re: CCL:4D-plots

From: [email-masked] (Frits Daalmans)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 96 09:56:57 GMT

Hello,

I know of a program that plots 4-D functions in a wireframe format, 
and rotates them around around 4 axes and projects them onto a 2-D 
screen. It works under X-windows. 
I don't know whether that is what you want, but it is the closest
I ever got to finding a program to display 4-D data.

Otherwise, you would have to look into using color as the fourth
variable, thus giving it a special status with respect to the other
three dimensions.  The program is called 4va, was written by Matt
Welsh, and is quite obscure.

It is copyrighted, meaning you can't sell it and have to credit the original
author(s). It can be found on
ftp.funet.fi, /pub/Linux/util/X11/contrib,
and also on the Linux mirror sites sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk and ftp.cvut.cz.

I do not know any mirror ftp site of ftp.funet.fi outside Europe at the moment..
archie couldn't find any.. Try tsx-11, or sunsite.unc.edu??

Hopefully this is of help,
Frits

Frits Daalmans
OIO Conformational Analysis
Gorlaeus Laboratoria
Leiden, The Netherlands
E-mail: [email-masked]
Tel: [+31] (0)71-5274505