Subject: January Issue of NetSci

From: [email-masked] (Network Science)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 11:27:07 +0000

The January issue of Network Science highlighting QSAR is on-line at:

http://www.awod.com/netsci/

QSAR Challenges and Opportunities: A Commentary,
Eugene Coats, Amylin Pharmaceuticals

QSAR and Drug Design, David Bevan, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State
University

A New QSAR Algorithm Combining Principal Component Analysis with a Neural
Network:  Application to Calcium Channel Antagonists, Vellarkad N.
Viswanadhan (Gensia, Inc.),  Geoffrey A. Mueller (National Cancer
Institute), Subhash C. Basak (University of Minnesota) and John N.
Weinstein (National Cancer Institute)

Using Theoretical Descriptors in Quantitative Structure Activity
Relationships and Linear Free Energy Relationships, George R. Famini (U.S.
Army Edgewood R&D) and Leland Y. Wilson (La Sierra University)

APEX-3D Expert System for Drug Design, Valery Golender (DCL Systems), Boris
Vesterman (DCL Systems), and Erich Vorpagel (Biosym/MSI)

Adding Chemical Information to CoMFA Models with Alternative 3D QSAR
Fields, Chris L. Waller (US-EPA) and Glen E. Kellogg (Virginia
Commonwealth)

CoMFA: A Field of Dreams?, Simon Semus, Astra Arcus USA

QSAR in Three Dimensions: Exploiting Receptor Structural Information,
Konrad Koehler, IRBM

Special Notice for software authors and distributors - The software section
of NetSci is being significantly enhanced with the addition of a table
which categorizes software by functionality and platform.  A prototype is
available for viewing.  Please contact the editors of NetSci
([email-masked]) with specific information/changes/additions about your
programs.