Subject: Re: CCL:xmol for MS-Windows?

From: Jeffrey J Gosper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 16:59:57 GMT

Dear Anthony and other computational chemists.

> I'm looking for a MS-Windows program that has the functionality of xmol - 
> specifically, the ability to animate multi-step cartesian trajectories. 
> Has anybody come across such a thing? It need not be free.
> 
I have developed just such a program called Re_View. The major input type is 
a multistructure XYZ file but it will also accept certain MOPAC output files 
directly. 

OVERVIEW

RE_VIEW is essentially a molecular viewer, animator, analyzer, and MOPAC 
reaction path converter. The program runs under Windows 3.x and Windows 95, 
and although the program definitely benefits from 8 Mbytes (or even more 
memory) the minimum recommended memory is 4 Mbytes. 

The major functions of RE_VIEW include the ability to:
     1) Display and manipulate molecules in 3D;
     2) Animate reaction pathways;
     3) Align the steps/frames within an animation, along a vectors or onto a 
plane;
     4) Animate normal modes of vibration;
     5) Monitor geometries (lengths, angles and dihedrals);
     6) Provide tabulated geometrical data (which can be readily incorporated 
into spreadsheets) and graphical displays of such geometrical data; and
     7) Automatically produce high quality 'ray-traced' images and animation 
sequences.

I am distributing the program directly at present the cost is 50 pounds (GB) 
for a single user licence and 500 pounds for a departmental licence. For this 
you get the program, help file, a number of data files and a manual. 

Feel free to contact me for further information.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
 Dr. Jeff Gosper                                         
 Dept. of Chemistry		                        
 BRUNEL University                                     
 Uxbridge Middx UB8 3PH, UK                            
 voice:  01895 274000 x2187                            
 facsim: 01895 256844                                  
 internet/email/work:   [email-masked]     
 internet/WWW: http://http2.brunel.ac.uk:8080/~castjjg 
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/