Subject: Request to inform all U.S. Members of CCL

From: "Yuri Kruglyak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 20:19:15 +0200 (EET)

RE: To Those U.S. Members of Computational Chemistry List Who are Concerned

REQUEST: We are looking for U.S.Co-Investigator to submit together one of the
         following Projects-on-Line at Department for Molecular Electronics
                                       Odessa State University, UA
                                       [email-masked]
         to Cooperative Grants Program of
            U.S. Civilian Research and Development Foundation
            for the Independent States of the FSU/CRDF
            E-mail: [email-masked]
               Fax: 703/526 9721
               Tel: 703/526 9720

         Details of the Projects are available on request.

                                       PUBLIC ASSOCIATION QuantumNet
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNet1: Photocatalysis on Dispersed Titanium Dioxide Surface: QuantumChemical
       Study
       Participants:
       Dr. Viktor V.Lobanov, Institute of Surface Chemistry, National Academy
                             of Sciences, Kiev, UA
     Prof. Yurii A.Kruglyak, Department of Molecular Electronics
                             Odessa State University
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNet2: Gas-Phase Spontaneous and E-Field Induced Rearrangements of Neutrals
       C6H5-R (R = CH2, NH, O, S) and Their Charged Ions: QuantumChemical
       Study
       Participants:
     Prof. Yurii A. Kruglyak, See above
     Prof. George De Mare,    Universite libre de Bruxelles, BE
       Dr. Viktor V.Lobanov,  See above
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNet3.1: Fully Weighted Molecular Graph Invariants Approach with Application
         to Structure - Critical Properties Quantitative Predictions:
         Alkanes, Freons, and their Si- and Ge-Analogues

QNet3.2: Expert System for Molecular 3D-Objects Based on NeuroNet Principles
         Participants:
       Prof. Yurii A.Kruglyak,  See above
         Dr. Viktor E.Kuzmin,   Physico-Chemical Institute, National Academy of
                              Sciences, Odessa
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNet4: Catalysis of Diatomics on Metals, Metallic Alloys, and Semiconductors:
       Electrodynamical and QuantumChemical Modelling
       Participants:
       Prof. Aleksandr V.Glushkov, Department of Applied Mathematics
                                   Odessa Hydrometeorological Institute
       Prof. Yurii A.Kruglyak,     See above
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNet5-1: Lattice-topological Modelling of Molecules as a Source of Parameters
         for Structure - Properties Problems

QNet5-2: New Conceptio of Stereochemical Configuration and New Approaches for
         Quantitative Estimation of Chirality

QNet5-3: New Molecular Shape Parameters for Analysis of Steric Key-Lock Type
         Correspondance: Molecular Design Technology of SupraMolecular
         Complexes

         Participants: Dr. Viktor Kuzmin, See above
                     Prof. Yurii Kruglyak,See above
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
end of file
                       PUBLIC ASSOCIATION QuantumNet

                Registed in Odessa May 16,1995, # 23 20 75 31

Fax:       +380 (482) 637785 [Kruglyak/private]
           +380 (482) 269596 [Office]
Voice:     +380 (482) 603314 [Kruglyak/private]
           +380 (482) 269589 [Office]
E-mail:  [email-masked] [Office]
         [email-masked] [Private]
         FIDONet 2:467/71.14

Department for Molecular Electronics
The I.I.Mechnikov Odessa State University
Dvoryanskaya St. 2, ODESSA 270100, UKRAINE

Founding members: JOERG DAUB Professor Regensburg University,             DE
                  GEORGE DE MARE Professor Universite Libre de Bruxelles, BE
                  ANATOLII S. DIMOGLO Professor Institute of Chemistry
                                                                Kishinev, MD
                  IL'YA A. GAIDUCHENKO Chief Computer-Aided Control
                                           Black Sea Shipping Co. Odessa, UA
                  SERGEI L. KHLEBNIKOV Chief Engineer FARWATER, Odessa,   UA
                  NIKOLAI P. KOVALENKO Professor, Academician
                                                       Odessa University, UA
                  YURII A. KRUGLYAK Professor, Academician
                                                       Odessa University, UA
                  NIKOLAI G. KUVSHINSKII Professor, Academician
                                                         Kiev University, UA
                  VIKTOR E. KUZMIN Associate Professor
                                       Physico-Chemical Institute Odessa, UA
                  YURII E. KUZMIN Director CONNECT, Odessa,               UA
                  VLADIMIR I. MINKIN Professor, Academician Institute of
                        Physical and Organic Chemistry Rostov University, RU
                  YURII N. MURAV'EV Director M-INFO, Kiev,                UA
                  JEAN MUSSO Professor Universite de Toulon,              FR
                  VITALII D. RUSOV Professor Odessa University,           UA
                  NIKOLAI F. STEPANOV Professor, Academician
                                                       Moscow University, RU

                        INVITATION  TO  MEMBERSHIP

Dear Members of Computational Chemistry List,

      It is our pleasure to extend to you this Invitation to Membership in the
Association QuantumNet, a public non-profit organization with special appeal
for persons and organizations concerned with Quantum Science and Computations
and their roles in society.

      The Association is designed for "East - West" cooperative research and
teaching in quantum sciences such as Quantum Physics, Quantum and Theoretical
Chemistry, Quantum Biology, and Quantum Pharmacology via telecomm facilities,
it will support conferences, work-shops, and initiate new Advanced courses and
        seminars for students and post-graduates,
   will install and support permanent telecommNet among partners,
   will develop new research software and databases,
   will work  to  obtain  financial  support  for  FSU  professional  quantum
        chemists  and  physicists and their students  offering research
        possibilities and avoid "discontinuity" between human generations in FSU,
   will develop legal commercial activities compatible with the professional
        knowledge and skill of the Association members to support the merits of
        the Association.

        What does QuantumNet membership mean for you?

      This invitation represents recognition of your work in, and support for,
Quantum Science and Teaching.

      You will be part of a working community of scientists and students,
computer and telecomm professionals creating new knowledge, inspiration,
and good fellowship.

      You might choose a partner among the Association members to perform
cooperative research, to visit each other with lectures for students and
research seminars up to family-to-family contacts producing locally better
humanitarian atmosphere with benefits for Science and Teaching.

      Your membership will help strengthen the Association's research and
educational policy programs, will bring you into touch with the Association
colleagues in many Newly Independent States, and will help FSU scientists and
students to survive under the collapse of  FSU educational system.

      Membership dues for Individuals are not required however support either
to the Association or your research partners will be appreciated.

      Corporate Members are welcome to support the Association in any possible
way. The Association will particularly appreciate the assistance of those
corporations that will make a special effort to ensure the availability of
resources for planning and for the introduction of new initiatives. Such support
represents an act of faith in the Association's plans, programs, and future.
The Support Menu is expected to be diverse. It might include Research and
Educational literature and Software, Databases, partial financial support of
collective and targeted projects including publication projects (research
monographs and textbooks), used and new computing and telecommunication
hardware, telecommunication costs, collective commercial projects related to
Science and New Technologies etc. Each supporting contribution is under open
public control and is subjected by international regulation rules.

      The Association will convey special thanks to its corporate and individual
members and commends the attention of all Association members to their
commitment, which will benefit scientists, students, and quantum society
worldwide.

      Simply return your completed Registration Form and we will see that your
Membership Certificate and the Association membership directory - available
only to members - with indication of recent research, teaching, and humanitarian
interests of the members go out to you without delay. Sending the Registration
form via e-mail is accepted.

      We hope that you will accept this invitation to Association membership
and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,     Yurii Kruglyak       Yurii Kuzmin       Viktor Kuzmin
                  Chairman            Director        Chief Secretary

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
BOTH REGISTRATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE FROM ======> [email-masked]

                REGISTRATION FORM for Corporate Membership

On behalf of the  ________________________________________________________
                                 (Name  of  Organization)
I am  pleased  to accept  membership  in  the  Association QuantumNet on
Corporate  Membership  Basis.

DATE: ___________                         ______________________
                                                (Signature)

1. NAME  OF  ORGANIZATION:      __________________________________________

   City: _____________________________   Country: ________________________

2. NAME OF PERSON IN CHARGE:
        Last                                   First                              Middle

   _______________________________________________________________________

3. TITLES:  ______________________________________________________________

4. MAILING ADDRESS:

    Division: _____________________________________________________________

    Organization: _________________________________________________________

    Street: _______________________________________________________________

    City: _________________ Code: _________ Country: ______________________

5. TELECOMM  COORDINATES:

    E-mail: _______________________________________________________________

    Fax:+ ____ ( ______ ) ___________   Voice:+ ____ ( _______ ) __________

Secretary                                                    Private
Phone:+ ____ ( ______ ) _____________   Phone:+ ____ ( _______ ) __________

6. RECENT INTERESTS:
   ________________________________________________________________________
   ________________________________________________________________________
   ________________________________________________________________________

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

                REGISTRATION FORM for Individual Membership

  I am  pleased  to accept  membership  in  the  Association  QuantumNet on
Individual  Membership  Basis.

DATE: ___________                         ______________________
                                                (Signature)
1. NAME:        Last                               First                                           Middle

       ______________________________________________________________________

2. TITLES: __________________________________________________________________

3. CITIZENSHIP: _____________________________________________________________

4. MAILING ADDRESS:

    Department / Division: __________________________________________________

    University / Organization: ______________________________________________

    Street: _________________________________________________________________

    City: ___________________ Code: _________________ Country: ______________

5. TELECOMM  COORDINATES:

    E-mail: _________________________________________________________________

    Fax:+ ____ ( ______ ) ___________   Voice:  + ____ ( _____ ) ____________

Secretary                                                 Private
Phone:+ ____ ( ______ ) ___________   Phone: + ____ ( _____ ) _______________

6. RECENT INTERESTS:

  Research  Project: ________________________________________________________

  Teaching: _________________________________________________________________

  Others: ___________________________________________________________________

          ___________________________________________________________________
end of file