Subject: Chiral Selectivity

From: Paddy Kane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 14:14:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

 Happy New Year. I am a HyperChem user and I wish to study the chiral 
selectivity of some molecules. I wish to study why some chiral 
substrates of a given configuration are more selective towards 
eithier the R- or S- forms of for example, phenylethylamine.

 Firstly, can anyone point me to some general references on this 
subject.

 Secondly, Can anyone advise me on the best way to model such 
interactions with HyperChem. More specifically, I would like to know:
a) how I should initially place the phenylethylamine molecule. 
Presumably, I should place the chiral region of the phenylethylamine 
molecule near the chiral region of the substrate but can anyone be 
more specific than this.
b) should I model such interactions with bond dipoles or atomic 
charges

 Kind regards,
 Paddy

 Paddy Kane
 [email-masked]