Subject: Conference Announcement: MATH/CHEM/COMP

From: [email-masked] (Darko Babic)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 12:26:20 -0500

T h e   F i r s t   A n n o u n c e m e n t

                           MATH/CHEM/COMP '96
    THE ELEVENTH DUBROVNIK INTERNATIONAL COURSE & CONFERENCE ON THE 
     INTERFACES AMONG MATHEMATICS, CHEMISTRY AND COMPUTER SCIENCES

                June 24-29, 1996, DUBROVNIK, CROATIA

               will be held under the joint auspices of 

           The Inter-University Center, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 
       The Resource Use Institute, Pitlochry, United Kingdom,
     The International Society for Mathematical Chemistry, and
    The International Society for Theoretical Chemistry Physics.

                         SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE

    A. T. Balaban (Bucharest)                 H. Kroto (Brighton)
    V. Batagelj (Ljubljana)                   J. Ladik (Erlangen)
    A. Blumen (Freibug i. Br.)                M. H. Lee (Athens, GA)
    J. Cioslowski (Tallahassee, FL)           M. Randic (Des Moines, IA)
    A. Graovac (Zagreb)                       N. Trinajstic (Zagreb)
    E. C. Kirby (Pitlochry)                   G. X. Viennot (Bordeaux)
    D. J. Klein (Galveston, TX)               T. P. Zivkovic (Zagreb)

                         ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

    D. Babic (Zagreb)                         T. Pisanski (Ljubljana)
    S. D. Bosanac (Zagreb)                    D. Plavsic (Zagreb)
    Z. Djakovic (Zagreb)                      W. A. Seitz (Galveston, TX)     
    A. Graovac (Zagreb) co-dir.               D. Svrtan (Zagreb)
    D. Horvat (Zagreb)                        D. Veljan (Zagreb)
    E. C. Kirby (Pitlochry) co-dir.           D. Vikic-Topic (Zagreb)
                  T. P. Zivkovic (Zagreb) director
	
SCOPE:  Any subject pertinent in an interdisciplinary way to mathematics or 
        computer sciences and chemistry is a legitimate topic.  Current re-
        search in the application of computer modelling, combinatorics, graph 
        theory and topology to any area of chemistry and statistical physics 
        is recommended.  The participants willing to deliver introductory co-
        urse or survey lectures on selected topics to nonspecialists should 
        contact the organizer.

SITE:  The meeting will take place at the reconstructed building of The 
       Inter-University Center in Dubrovnik.

TRANSPORTATION:  The city of Dubrovnik could be reached by air as well as by 
                 boat or bus from the ports of Rijeka and Split.  For all 
                 questions concerning the accomodation and transportation, 
                 please contact Darko Babic, the secretary of the MCC '96.

REGISTRATION FORM The enclosed registration form and abstract (which should 
and ABSTRACT:     not exceed one typewritten page) should be received by the
                  organizer before the February 29, 1996. 
	
PROCEEDINGS:  All participants are invited to submit papers which are expect-
	      ed to be published as a special issue of Croatica Chemica Acta.  
	      The participants unable to attend the meeting are invited to 
	      send their manuscripts to the organizer by mail.

REGISTRATION FEE:  The registration fee is USD 150, and for students USD 30.
                   The fee is payable at latest upon the registration in 
                   Dubrovnik.  Personal checks should be payable to Tomislav
                   Zivkovic, MATH/CHEM/COMP '96.

CORRESPONDENCE:  All correspondence concerning the meeting should be addres-
                 sed to the secretary of the Conference:

                               Darko Babic
                       Institute "Rudjer Boskovic"
                       HR-10001 Zagreb, P.O.B. 1016
                                 Croatia

                       E-mail: [email-masked], [email-masked]
                       phone: (+385)-(1)-4561-013
                       fax:      (+385)-(1)-425-497
	    
============================================================================
        Please, send to the organizer till February 29, 1996!

                           REGISTRATION FORM

                           MATH/CHEM/COMP '96
    THE ELEVENTH DUBROVNIK INTERNATIONAL COURSE & CONFERENCE ON THE 
     INTERFACES AMONG MATHEMATICS, CHEMISTRY AND COMPUTER SCIENCES

                  June 24-29, 1996, DUBROVNIK, CROATIA

        Name: ______________________________________________________

        Accompanying persons: ______________________________________

        Institution: _______________________________________________

        Mailing address: ___________________________________________

        Phone: ____________________  Fax: __________________________

        E-mail: ____________________________________________________

        (  )  I am interested in attending the MATH/CHEM/COMP '96.

        (  )  I enclose the Abstract.

        (  )  Keep my name on your mailing list.

        (  )  I am unable to attend, but I will send a manucript.

        (  )  I am a student.

        (  )  Please, reserve me 1-bed / 2-bed room in a hotel for the period:
               ________________________________________________________

        (  )  Please, reserve me an airplane ticket from Zagreb to Dubrovnik 
              and back.  Other wishes regarding air or other means of trans-
              portation: ____________________________________________________
              _______________________________________________________________

==============================================================================