Subject: Scientific Web

From: Herbert Homeier t4720 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 96 12:15:43 +0100

Dear Netters, 

I thought the following to be important enough to be forwarded
to various lists. As regards chemistry, quite a number of links
of the kind that is useful for the Scientific Web as described 
in the message below, can be found at
http://www.chemie.uni-regensburg.de/external.html

As far as I have seen at the Frankfurt URL, the Scientific Web is also
intended for providing information on chemistry software. In my opinion,
it would be a good idea for software providers to use the facilities
of the Scientific Web to advertise their products.

As regards Maple, there is also the page
http://www.chemie.uni-regensburg.de/maple_software.html
that might be of interest in this context.

I apologize if you receive this several times.

Regards

Herbert Homeier
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Herbert H. H. Homeier
Institut fuer Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie
Universitaet Regensburg
D-93040 Regensburg, Germany
Phone: +49-941-943 4720                FAX  : +49-941-943 2305
email: [email-masked]
<A HREF="http://rchs1.uni-regensburg.de/%7Ec5008/">HOMEPAGE</A>
---------------------------------------------------------------

----- Begin Included Message -----

[MUG] Scientific Web

Maple_User_Group ([email-masked])
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 11:59:29 MEZ 

>> From: [email-masked]

Dear users of scientific Software,

as a user of scientific software like Mathematica I do know how difficult
it could be to find specific technical information about programs,
adresses for support, where to purchase software, which software
does support the functionality I need, are there any other information
sites on internet available and a lot more questions...
That's why I have collected the information I received by now and created
a "Scientific Web" service.
Actually my Website contains productinformation, contactadresses of
software producers and dealers, productannouncements,
demoversions, a book and a newspaperlist, adresses of usergroups,
information about training courses, technical support,
speed comparison reports, user reports and links to other servers for
the programs Mathematica, Maple, Matlab, GAUSS, ORIGIN, UNISTAT, MuPAD,
XSC-Pascal,XSC-C and Derive in English and German supported for every country.
If you thing this service might be useful for you then you can access
it at the WWW-adress

http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/~stst/sciencee.html (in English)
http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/~stst/science.html (in German)

Suggestions for improvements are welcomed !
Just contact me via EMAIL.

Sincerely,

Stefan Steinhaus

--
********************************************************************************
** UniversitLt Frankfurt - Fachbereich Informatik (FB20)                      **
** Stefan Steinhaus                                                           **
** EMAIL : [email-masked]                                   **
** WWW   : http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/~stst/ (Home of the scientific webber) **
********************************************************************************

----- End Included Message -----