Subject: G94 Opt=QST2 Help

From: "C.M.Windsor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 13:39:52 gmt

I am currently working on a project to model hetero Diels-Alder 
Transition states so that I can use the parameters as part of an MM2 
forcefield for further calculations.  I am using Gaussian 94 to rhf/6-31g* level and 
>from previous discussions on the list I have found my way to the
obsolete LST command and the Opt=QST2 commands.  I haven't got the 
manual to hand but as I remember, you first input the z-matrix for 
the starting material and then a space between that and the z-matrix 
for the finishing product.  
The problem I have is how do you input the z-matrix for "starting 
product" or can you put the 2 starting products in and then the end 
product?
Would it be possible to mail me an example?

Apologies if I am being incredibly dim but I am new to this!

Thanks in advance.
--------------------------------------------------------------
    Brought to you by the letters Q & S and the number 7
--------------------------------------------------------------
 From Carl Mark Windsor University of Manchester Institute
 of Science and Technology. (U.M.I.S.T.) Chemistry Department.
--------------------------------------------------------------