Subject: Invitation to Join the Astrophysical Chemistry Newsletter

From: "Bernd R. Eggen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 08:55:44 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All,

David Field (Bristol) and myself would like to invite you to join

                       A P C H E M

Apchem is the Astrophysical Chemistry Group (electronic) Newsletter.

Joining is easy & free of charge - by sending an e-mail message to
[email-masked], containing as the only line:

join apchem <firstname> <lastname>

(Please replace  <firstname> and <lastname> with your own name.)

I enclose some further information - please feel free to distribute to
interested colleagues and to display in your institutions, best regards,

Bernd Eggen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description of apchem:

The Electronic Newsletter of the Astrophysical Chemistry Group of the
Royal Society of Chemistry (affiliated to the Royal Astronomical
Society). Members will receive details about forthcoming events
organised by the Group, & information to aid collaboration between
astronomers & chemists/physicists.

--

The Astrophysical Chemistry Group of the Royal Society of Chemistry, which
is also affiliated to the Royal Astronomical Society, held its inaugural
meeting in April 1994. The purpose of this group is to make a bridge between
observational astronomy and atomic and molecular physics and chemistry.
Meetings are held regularly which highlight topics of outstanding importance
in astronomy in areas in which atomic and molecular physics and chemistry
can make a major contribution. An important function of the Group is to
make astronomers aware of what chemists can deliver and chemists aware of what
astronomers seek, and to encourage collaborative projects between
astronomy and chemistry.

********************************************************************************
*                                                                              *
*  The following e-mail addresses are important - please keep them for use     *
*                                                                              *
*  E-mail: [email-masked] (Discussions for all members,                 *
*                                 within UK apchem@mailbase should suffice),   *
*          [email-masked] (Administrative commands, e.g send, help)   *
*                                                                              *
*          [email-masked] (List owner only, if problems occur)  *
*                                                                              *
********************************************************************************

The service can also be accessed via W3 (World Wide Web) / Mosaic,
the URL (Universal Resource Locator) is http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/
and files can also be retrieved using anonymous ftp, connect to
mailbase.ac.uk, directory /pub/lists/apchem (see also: /pub/mailbase).

--

We are preparing to distribute information about the National Astronomy Meeting
1996 in Liverpool via apchem. A news item "Apchem on the Web" will appear in the
Feb '96 issue of the journal Chemistry in Britain.

--

Dr. Bernd R. Eggen, Scientific Computing Group
Department of Computer Science
The University of Exeter, Prince of Wales Road
Exeter, EX4 4PT, Devon, UK

EMail: [email-masked]