Subject: Comparing servers

From: [email-masked] (Josep M. Ricart)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 18:34:35 +0100 (NFT)

Dear netters,
Has anybody any experience with  IBM G30 or J30 servers?

 We would like to know the performance of such machines with respect to
IBM RISC 3CT workstation.

 We need a server to be used to support
a maximum of twenty users  simultaneously running Fortran compilations
and/or CERIUS/2 and/or Mathematica, Matlab and/or something like that.
A possible configuration could be 256 MB RAM and 4 PPC 604
We'll sumarize.
Thank you very much and best regards.

  ______________________________________________________________________
			      Josep M. Ricart

	    Grup de Quimica Quantica -  Departament de Quimica
  ______________________________________________________________________
    UNIVERSITAT ROVIRA I VIRGILI           TEL:    +34-(9)77-559568
    Placa Imperial Tarraco, 1              FAX:    +34-(9)77-559563
    43005 - TARRAGONA (SPAIN)              e-mail: [email-masked]
  ______________________________________________________________________