Subject: post doc

From: "Daniel Monceau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 09:32:22 +1

**************  * Postdoctoral Position *  **************

EC project: 

Human Capital and Mobility on High Temperature Corrosion Testing

Location : Toulouse - France
Salary : about 12000 FF. after charges and social security.
This position is available now and for a duration of 12 or 16 months
Contact : Daniel Monceau
          ENSCT URA 445 CNRS
          118 route de Narbonne
          31077 TOULOUSE
          FRANCE
          tel.: (33) 61-17-56-61
          fax: (33) 61-17-56-00
          e-mail: [email-masked]

Candidate:
           The candidate must have a European community nationality (but not
French). He/she should know about one or several of the following analysis 
techniques: SEM/EDAX, XRD, TEM, metallography, thermogravimetry. 
The candidate does not need to be specialised in high temperature corrosion, 
the position is opened to PhD in metallurgy, chemistry, physics, materials 
science. French speaking is welcomed but not compulsory. Toulouse, the 
"pink city", is a very nice place in the French south-west with a lot of 
motivations to learn fast some basics of French language !

Subject:
	The work in Toulouse with Prof. Bernard Pieraggi concerns the role of
interfaces in high temperature corrosion. This project is conducted as well on
model materials and on superalloys used mainly for aeronautics applications 
(Toulouse is a centre for Space and Aeronautics Industries). The current study
is the interfacial effects of reactive elements (REE) on the growth of oxide
scales. It has been shown that Ca or Sr could retard the growth of NiO on nickel.
The postdoc will conduce more experiments on this topic in order to clarify the
role of these additions and will work on the modelisation of this phenomenon.

Ref.: 
The role of interface dislocations and ledges as sources/sinks for point defects
in scaling reactions, J.P.Hirth, B. Pieraggi, R.A.Rapp, Acta Metall. Mater., vol.
43, 3, pp. 1065-1073, 1995.
Interfacial scaling reactions and the reactive element effect, B.Pieraggi, R.A.Rapp,
Materials at high temperatures, vol. 12, 2-3, 1994.
Chromia scale growth in alloy oxidation and the reactive element effect, B.Pieraggi,
R.A.Rapp, Journal of the electrochemical society, vol. 140, 10, 1993.
_________________________________________________________

  Daniel Monceau                                      
  lab. Met. Phys.
  ENSCT - URA 445 CNRS
  118 route de Narbonne
  F-31 077 TOULOUSE
  FRANCE    

phone: (33) 61-17-56-61
fax:   (33)61-17-56-00                                        
_________________________________________________________