Subject: Re: CCL:? re molecular imaging

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 96 10:43:07 EST

>     I am working with a Sybyl .mol2 file under DOS (file extension ".mol")
>which consists of a set of _disembodied_ (i.e., non-bonded) atoms floating in
>space.  So far I have been unable to visualise this file using PCModel for
>Windows, HyperChem for Windows, or MOL2MOL for Windows, but I have succeeded
>in visualising it with RasMol 2.4 for Windows.  I wish to obtain a stereo-
>scopic picture of this arrangement of atoms in space, but RasMol 2.4 only al-
>lows you to export in a limited number of _non-chemical_ formats such as
> ..bmp and .gif.  Therefore, does anyone know of a mechanism whereby I might
>convert a .bmp or .gif image into one that can be visualised by PCModel,
>HyperChem, or MOL2MOL so that I can use one of these programmes to generate
>(and print) a stereoscopic image of this set of disembodied atoms?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just load it into Chem3D directly and create the 
stereoscopic views there, rather than going through all the other file
formats?  Chem3D will add the bonds back in for you, too if you want.

Information about Chem3D (including demo versions for Mac and Windows) is
available from http://www.camsoft.cmm

Jonathan Brecher
CambridgeSoft Corporation
[email-masked]