Subject: CCL:Mobility paradox

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 14:41:02 -0700 (MST)

>              left hand side       and      right hand side
> 
> cations  jC(left) = + F mu1 E cC  and  jC(right) = + F mu2 E cC
> 
> anions   jA(left) = - F mu2 E cA and   jA(right) = - F mu1 E cA
> 
> where F is Faraday's constant. But this implies jC(left) != jC(right) and
> jA(left) != jA(right) which violates the particle conservation law. I would

For jC(left), it's cC on the right side

For jC(right),     cC on the left

As the current is turned on, the "right" and "left" concentrations change 
until the two fluxes become equal (i.e. stationary situation is 
established). (I am sure it's more complex in reality, you may never 
actually reach the steady state). 

--

Konstantin Momot    <[email-masked]> 

-------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
-- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
-- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
[email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
[email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
             Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html