Subject: CCL:HyperChem Workshop - California

From: Dragan Vuckovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 15:05:43 -0500 (EST)

Hypercube, Inc. 
                presents an Introductory
                   HyperChem Workshop 
               on Computational Chemistry

                  April 10 -12, 1996
              Ready Serve Computer Center
              Santa Clara, California, USA

HyperChem is like any other powerful tool: the more you know about it, the 
more you get out of working with it.  For those who wish to learn more 
about the methods of molecular modeling and computational chemistry, 
about the ways of working with HyperChem, and about the range of 
problems you can now tackle on a PC, Hypercube, Inc. (the developers of 
HyperChem) offer an intensive three-day introductory workshop on 
molecular modeling with HyperChem.  
The workshop is pragmatic and application-oriented and makes no 
assumption of previous computational chemistry experience.

Workshop Objectives

The workshop will introduce you to techniques for working efficiently with 
HyperChem and other Hypercube's products, provide a pragmatic user's 
guide to the scientific methods behind HyperChem, and include many 
hands-on exercises based on practical molecular modeling  problems.

Workshop Outline

Day 1.	Morning:  	Overview of Computational Chemistry 
			Techniques;
			HyperChem Graphical Interface
	Afternoon:	Molecular Mechanics Methods
			Laboratory session

Day 2.	Morning: 	Approximate and Semiempirical 	
			Molecular Orbital Methods;
			Ab initio Molecular Orbital Methods
	Afternoon:	Frontier Orbital Theory: Examining 
			Molecular Reactivity;
			Laboratory session

Day 3.	Morning:	Molecular Dynamics;
			Molecular Spectroscopy;
			QSAR/Group Contribution Methods
	Afternoon:	Laboratory session (optional)

Costs and Venue

The cost for the three-day course is $995 US (Academic and Government 
discount price is $795 US). For early registration (before March 15) the 
price is $925 US ($725 US - academic).  This covers the cost of course 
materials, coffee, lunches, and a PC to work on for the duration of the 
course (each participant will have his/her own machine). The number of 
participants is limited, so that extensive interaction with the workshop 
instructors is possible.  Bring your own problems to work on during the 
course!

The course will be held at the Ready Serve Computer Center, 5201 Great 
America Parkway, Suite 355, Santa Clara, California, USA. A map and a list 
of nearby reasonably-priced hotels will be sent to all participants upon 
registration.  The participants are expected to make their own travel and 
accommodation arrangements.

Registration

To register for the Workshop, please complete the form and return as soon 
as possible  to:

Dr. Dragan Lj. Vuckovic
Hypercube, Inc.
Unit 7, 419 Phillip Street
Waterloo, Ont.
Canada N2L 3X2

e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel. (519) 725-4040
Fax: (519) 725-5193

Registration Form

HyperChem Workshop on Computational Chemistry
Santa Clara, California, USA
April 10-12, 1996

Please reserve ____  spaces for the above workshop.

NAME _______________________________________________________

ORGANIZATION _______________________________________________

POSITION ___________________________________________________

ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

TEL. NO. _______________________ FAX NO. ___________________

Fees payable in advance:

I enclose a check for  $__________ US 

Please make your check payable to Hypercube, Inc.

Please invoice me:      Purchase Order Number __________________

VISA Card No: ____________________________  Exp. Date: _________

Cardholder: ________________________________ Amount  $________US

SIGNATURE _____________________________ DATE ___________________   

*Cancellation: If a participant cancels on or before March 27th (two weeks 
before the workshop),  50% of the workshop fee will be refunded. There 
will be no refunds for cancellations received after March 27, 1995.  

___________________________________________________________________

Dr. Dragan Lj. Vuckovic               phone: (519) 725-4040 
International Marketing Manager         fax: (519) 725-5193
Hypercube, Inc.                      e-mail: [email-masked]
419 Phillip Street                      URL: http://www.hyper.com
Waterloo, Ontario
Canada, N2L 3X2

-------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
-- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
-- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
[email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
[email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
             Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html