Subject: CCL:? re molecular imaging

From: "Hr Dr. S. Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 13:00:36 +0100 (MET)

Dear Colleagues;

     I am working with a Sybyl .mol2 file under DOS (file extension ".mol")
which consists of a set of _disembodied_ (i.e., non-bonded) atoms floating in
space.  So far I have been unable to visualise this file using PCModel for
Windows, HyperChem for Windows, or MOL2MOL for Windows, but I have succeeded
in visualising it with RasMol 2.4 for Windows.  I wish to obtain a stereo-
scopic picture of this arrangement of atoms in space, but RasMol 2.4 only al-
lows you to export in a limited number of _non-chemical_ formats such as
 ..bmp and .gif.  Therefore, does anyone know of a mechanism whereby I might
convert a .bmp or .gif image into one that can be visualised by PCModel,
HyperChem, or MOL2MOL so that I can use one of these programmes to generate
(and print) a stereoscopic image of this set of disembodied atoms?  I might
add that Babel for DOS rejects this .mol file consisting of disembodied
atoms.

     Thanks in advance to all responders.

Sincerely,

S. Shapiro
Zuerich
[email-masked]

-------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
-- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
-- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
[email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
[email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
             Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html