Subject: CCL:Online doccument defining polypeptide dihedrals

From: "Walter E. Reiher III" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 17:37:53 -0800

At 12:14 AM 1/27/96 GMT, John Rupley wrote:
>
>I would be grateful if someone would point me to preferably online
>documentation giving the standards (IUPAC?) specifying the atom
>quadruples for polypeptide dihedrals.  This is not entirely trivial,
>since the order of the atoms defines positive rotation of the dihedral,
>and for some (e.g. proline N-CD or CD-N?) the choice is not clear.

I'd also like to know about an online version of this, but the standard
paper version is of course:
        IUPAC-IUB Commission on Biochemical Nomenclature.
        Abbreviations and Symbols for the Description of the Conformation
        of Polypeptide Chains
        Biochemistry 9, 3471-3479 (1970)
also published in
        J Biol Chem 245, 6489 (1970)
        J Mol Biol 52, 1 (1970)

Wally
========================================================================
Walter E. Reiher III, Ph.D.                           [email-masked]
CompChem Innovations               Consulting in computational chemsitry
P.O. Box 61056                                        voice 408-720-0240
Sunnyvale, CA 94088                                     fax 408-720-0378

-------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
-- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
-- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
[email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
[email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
             Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html