Subject: trying to run MOPAC7 ...

From: "Dr. Federico Gago" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 12:23:41 UTC+0200

----------------------------- Start of body part 1

Dear Netters: I recently brought the source code for MOPAC7 from
www.ccl.net and compiled it on a SG IRIS, apparently without
any problems. I modified slightly the shell script provided in order
to run the program and everything seemed to be going well. But alas,
on execution I get this error message:
startwrt: attempt to write to a readonly file
apparent state: unit 5 named
last format: (A80)
lately writing sequential formatted external IO

Apart from the obvious reason of not having write permission in this
directory, which is not the case, has any of you experienced the same
problem and solved it? I would be grateful to know of any of you who
is successfully using this program on this type of platform.
Many thanks to those of you who are interested in this little problem.
Cheers

Federico Gago

----------------------------- Start of body part 2

-------------------------------------------------
|  Dr. Federico Gago                            |
|  Departamento de Fisiologia y Farmacologia    |
|  Campus Universitario                         |
|  E-28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid  (SPAIN)   |
|  Phone: +34-1-8854514 / FAX: +34-1-8854591    |
|  Internet: [email-masked]                   |
-------------------------------------------------

----------------------------- End of body part 2