Subject: RE: orbital density

From: Artem Masunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 18:13:06 -0500 (EST)

Dear Netters,
      I am sorry for previous misposting. I meant to post:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: orbital density 

Dear Mathias,
Spartan does not read Gaussian94 output or checkpoint files.
From my experience MolDen is the best.
Source and executables for various platforms are available from author:
http://www.caos.kun.nl/~schaft/molden/molden.html

Regards,
 Artem Masunov - [email-masked]

---

From: jle (Joe M Leonard)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 19:49:19 -0500

Folks,

	Recently, Artem Masunov ([email-masked]) said:

"Spartan does not read Gaussian94 output or checkpoint files."

This is literally true, as Spartan post-processes G9x binary checkpoint
files into files it can read.  I'm sure many programs do this,
usually using the Gaussian-supplied utility Formchk to translate
the binary (internal) to readable format.

Sorry for the post, but felt the "correction" was important...

Joe Leonard
[email-masked]