Subject: Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF)

From: "W. Todd Wipke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 1996 00:15:10 PST

Said fellowships for 10 week summer research at UC Santa Cruz are
available in Chemistry and Biochemistry.  Restricted to US citizens or
legal residents, must be an undergraduate (Jr or Sr) that has not graduated
by June.  A theme of all research programs is "molecule design", and a
special seminar series for SURF students will focus on this topic during
the summer.  Deadline is 15 February.  For details, send email to 
"[email-masked]" and in the BODY of the email, put two words:
SEND SURF
The material will be automatically emailed to you.  This program is sponsored
by NSF Undergraduate Research Experience grant support.  Computational 
Chemistry is included in this program, please inform potential candidates.

-Todd Wipke
 Molecular Engineering Laboratory
 Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
 University of California
 Santa Cruz, CA  95064
 [email-masked]
 fax 408-459-2935
 voice 408-459-2397