Subject: G94: chkmove quite memory-hungry

From: Jochen Buehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 19:14:14 +0100 (MET)

Dear Netters,

A question to the Gaussian Users out there... :
I'm searching for a way to transport Gaussian94 checkpoint files
from a SGI PowerChallenge (IRIX 6.x) to a Cray XMP (running Unicos 8.x).
Unfortunately the utility for this purpose included with
Gaussian94 (chkmove) requires twice the amount of hog-memory 
available on the cray system. Limiting the memory via NQS-parameters
didn't work.
Now, shouldn't it be possible to convert a 9 meg .chk File in
1 GB of memory ?
If somebody could shed some light on this...

        Any help greatly appreciated

              Jochen

--
Jochen Buehler - SGIClu SysAdmin - Fak. fuer Chemie - Uni Konstanz

[email-masked]
[email-masked]