Subject: Request for comments

From: [email-masked] (James Vincent)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 08:41:45 -0500

Hello all,

        I am interested in starting a periodic real time interactive forum
between industry leaders/representatives and students or other interested
people. The purpose would be to further contact and understanding between
students and industry in the manner of a site visit or career day. This
could enable industry representatives to reach a wider more diverse
audience at considerably less expense than a typical school visit while at
the same time giving students access to many more industry professional
than they might normally be able to meet through traditional means.

        The technological details of such a forum are simple. I won't
detail them here. Rather I ask for your comments on the concept. If you are
a student would you be interested in speaking to industry representatives
periodically, remotely, online? If your are in industry does this idea have
any appeal?

        I will summarize to the list if their is sufficent interest.

                                        Thanks,
                                        Jim Vincent