Subject: PFIZER CENTRAL RESEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITY

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 06:02:20 -0500

Excellent Career Opportunities Available with a leader in the pharmaceutical
company:  
Pfizer Central Research in Groton, Connecticut.  To learn more, call or send
CV:  
                                 Patricia Graver
                                 Excalibur Human Resources, Inc.
                                 5 Independence Way
                                 Princeton, NJ  08540  
                                 609-452-0952; message center:  800-922-5427
                                 [email-masked]

POSITIONS:  Manager, Molecular Modeling  & Research Scientist(s)

RESPONSIBILITIES:  This Manager, Molecular Modeling will work
with synthetic chemists in the Exploratory & Medicinal Chemistry
groups & will directly supervise PhD scientists involved in the
application of computational & modeling methods to facilitate
efforts in combinatorial chemistry, chemical diversity,
pharmacophore development, lead optimization & structure assisted
drug design.  This Manager will not only coordinate the modeling
group activities, but also contribute directly by participating
on projects.  Additional responsibilities will include
maintaining an up to date awareness of the literature &
competition, conducting regular staff meetings, reviewing &
guiding priority driven resource allocations, completing
performance evaluations, mentoring & fostering career growth,
initiating & preparing research reports, strategic plans,
licensing agreements & quarterly presentations.

REQUIREMENTS:  Required is a PhD in computational or physical
chemistry & ideally post-doc experience in computational methods. 
Experience in computational chemistry, working with chemists in a
pharmaceutical drug discovery environment doing pharmacophore
design, lead optimization & structure based drug design is
required.  The successful candidate should have strong
programming skills & the ability to work in a UNIX environment. 
Background in statistical mechanics is preferred & experience
with the Sybyl Programming Language would be useful.  Supervisory
experience of other PhD scientists in a team goal oriented
environment would be ideal.  The successful candidate should have
substantive scientific credentials including demonstrated
abilities in developing new scientific concepts, scientific
leadership & oral presentation skills.  

POSITION REPORTS TO:  Assistant Director, Protein & Molecular 
                                       Structure Group; Molecular Science
Dept.

REASON FOR OPENING:  New Position   
      
COMPENSATION:  Commensurate With Experience