Subject: HyperChem Lite!

From: Dragan Vuckovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 12:13:47 -0500 (EST)

HyperChem Lite: A Molecular Modeling Tool for Researchers and Students   
   
Hypercube, Inc. is announcing that it has developed and will market, sell, and   
support its new product, HyperChem Lite, Release 1.0 for Windows for   
researchers and students.  This new product is mainly a lower-cost subset of   
Hypercube's popular molecular modeling package, HyperChem, although it   
contains certain new features that will not appear in HyperChem until    
Release 5.0. For example, it has ball and stick renderings of molecules, as  
well as flat CPK rendering,  and 3D renderings of molecular orbitals and  
charge densities, now available only in ChemPlus, a professional set of  
extensions to HyperChem.  Other improvements have been made so that  
HyperChem Lite can explore the structures and properties of molecular 
systems  including all the elements from the periodic table.   
  
HyperChem Lite contains a flexible user interface that allows easy building,   
manipulation, and displaying molecules in many different ways. Its model   
builder turns rough sketches straight into  3D structures. It can even handle 
highly coordinated metal complexes.  Rendering include sticks, ball and 
sticks, discs, and CPK spheres, with the  possibility of defining stick 
thickness or to make the spheres shaded or flat.  Stereo viewing is available, 
and orbitals and electronic properties  can   be displayed as wire-mesh or 
shaded solid surfaces, or as contour plots.  Powerful computational programs 
allow one to carry out many different  kinds of simulations. HyperChem Lite 
includes two fully integrated  "computational back ends".  Semi-empirical 
quantum mechanics, at the  Extended Huckel level, provides the capability of 
calculating electronic  properties and orbitals of molecules, while geometry 
optimization is done using molecular mechanics with the MM+ force field. 
It has molecular dynamics at the playback level, to analyze chemical reactions 
and the trajectories of colliding molecules.   
  
For more information about HyperChem Lite and other products contact   
Hypercube, Inc. at [email-masked], or visit our home page at   
http://www.hyper.com.   

___________________________________________________________________

Dr. Dragan Lj. Vuckovic               phone: (519) 725-4040 
International Marketing Manager         fax: (519) 725-5193
Hypercube, Inc.                      e-mail: [email-masked]
419 Phillip Street                      URL: http://www.hyper.com
Waterloo, Ontario
Canada, N2L 3X2