Subject: HyperChem Workshop-Germany

From: Dragan Vuckovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 17:42:41 -0500 (EST)

Hypercube, Inc.
           in association with Science direct 

             Presents an Introductory
              HyperChem Workshop 
            on Computational Chemistry

               April 24 -26, 1996
             University of Paderborn
               Paderborn, Germany

HyperChem is like any other powerful tool: the more you know about it, the 
more you get out of working with it.  For those who wish to learn more 
about the methods of molecular modeling and computational chemistry, 
about the ways of working with HyperChem, and about the range of 
problems you can now tackle on a PC, Hypercube, Inc. (the developers of 
HyperChem) offer an intensive three-day introductory workshop on 
molecular modeling with HyperChem.  
The workshop is pragmatic and application-oriented and makes no 
assumption of previous computational chemistry experience.

Workshop Objectives
The workshop will introduce you to techniques for working efficiently with 
HyperChem and other Hypercube's products, provide a pragmatic user's 
guide to the scientific methods behind HyperChem, and include many 
hands-on exercises based on practical molecular modeling  problems.

Workshop Outline

Day 1.		Morning:  	Overview of Computational Chemistry 
				Techniques;
			        HyperChem Graphical Interface
	      Afternoon:        Molecular Mechanics Methods
			        Laboratory session

Day 2.	       Morning: 	Approximate and Semiempirical 	
	         		Molecular Orbital Methods;
				Ab initio Molecular Orbital Methods
	      Afternoon:	Frontier Orbital Theory: Examining 
	        		Molecular Reactivity;
	        		Laboratory session

Day 3.	        Morning:	Molecular Dynamics;
				Molecular Spectroscopy;
				QSAR/Group Contribution Methods
		Afternoon:	Laboratory session (optional)

Costs and Venue

The cost for the three-day course is 1295 DEM (Academic and Government 
discount price is 995 DEM). For early registration (before March 15) the 
price is $1195 DEM (895 DEM - academic).  This covers the cost of course 
materials, coffee, lunches, and a PC to work on for the duration of the 
course (each participant will have his/her own machine). All the payments 
should be done to Science direct. The number of participants is limited, so 
that extensive interaction with the workshop instructors is possible.  Bring 
your own problems to work on during the course!

The course will be held at the University of Paderborn, Department of 
Chemistry, Warburgerstr. 100, D-33098, Paderborn, Germany. A map and a 
list of nearby reasonably-priced hotels will be sent to all participants upon 
registration.  The participants are expected to make their own travel and 
accommodation arrangements.

Registration

To register for the Workshop, please complete the form and return as soon 
as possible  to:

Dr. Heinz Hofmann
Science direct
Sandrangen 3
D-91257 Pegnitz-Buchau
Germany

e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel.   +49-(0)9241- 91216
Fax:  +49-(0)9241 - 91217

               Registration Form

    HyperChem Workshop on Computational Chemistry
     University of Paderborn, Paderborn, Germany
               April 24-26, 1996

Please reserve ____  spaces for the above workshop.

NAME _____________________________________________________

ORGANIZATION ____________________________________________

POSITION __________________________________________________

ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

TEL. NO. _______________________ FAX NO. ____________________

Fees payable in advance:

I enclose a check for  __________ DEM

Please make your check payable to Science direct.

Please invoice me:              Purchase Order Number __________________

SIGNATURE _______________________ DATE ___________________   

*Cancellation: If a participant cancels on or before April 10th (two weeks 
before the workshop),  50% of the workshop fee will be refunded. There 
will be no refunds for cancellations received after April 10, 1995.  

___________________________________________________________________

Dr. Dragan Lj. Vuckovic               phone: (519) 725-4040 
International Marketing Manager         fax: (519) 725-5193
Hypercube, Inc.                      e-mail: [email-masked]
419 Phillip Street                      URL: http://www.hyper.com
Waterloo, Ontario
Canada, N2L 3X2