Subject: Contouring code/algorithm

From: "Schiffer, Heinz, Dr., WIA / SC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:21:10 +0100

Jeff Gosper and Conor McMenamin asked for information about programs to 
produce contour plots of 3-D data points. In my view the easiest and 
probably fastest algorithm is the one of Brickmann et al. :

     Wolfgang Heiden, Michael Schlenkrich and Jurgen Brickmann
     Triangulation algorithms for the representation of molecular
     surface properties
     J. Comp. Aided Mol. Design  4 (1990) 255-269

     W. Heiden, T. Goetze, and J. Brickmann
     Fast Generation of Molecular Surfaces from 3D Data Fields
     with an Enhanced "Marching Cube" Algorithm
     J. Comp. Chem.  14 (1993) 246-250

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------  
 -----------------------------------------
Dr. Heinz Schiffer       Phone     : ++49-69-305-2330
Hoechst AG               Fax  : ++49-69-305-81162
Scientific Computing          Email     : schiffer at
65926 Frankfurt am Main              - wia.hoechst-ag.d400.de
                           - msmwia.hoechst.hoechst-ag.d400.de
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------  
 -----------------------------------------