Subject: ACS Symposium

From: Ruth Pachter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 09:03:53 -0500

- ------------Symposium Announcement------------

GLOBAL ENERGY MINIMIZATION AND PROTEIN FOLDING

American Chemical Society
212th National Meeting
COMP Divisio
Orlando, Florida
August 25-30, 1996

A symposium entitled "Global Energy Minimization and Protein Folding" will be 
held at the ACS Meeting in Orlando, Florida, during August 25-30, 1996. Topics 
will comprise, among others, of algorithms for global optimization, aspects of 
parallel computing, new methods for the prediction of secondary and tertiary 
structure, and large scale molecular dynamics and molecular mechanics 
simulations. 

A partial list of invited speakers includes: B. Eskow (University of 
Colorado); C. A. Floudas (Princeton University); R. Judson (Sandia National 
Laboratories); J. Onuchic (University of California, San Diego); H. A. 
Scheraga (Cornell University); J. Straub (Boston University); D. Thirumalai 
(University of Maryland); A. Tropsha (University of North Carolina).

If you intend to contribute an oral or poster paper, please contact the 
organizer. For planning purposes, it will be appreciated if the titles of 
contributed papers are received by March 22 before the Spring ACS meeting. 

The deadline for abstract submission is April 15, 1996. Abstract forms can be 
obtained from ACS by calling 1-800-227-5558 (press 9-4-0); via the World-Wide 
Web: http://www.acs.org/memgen/meetings/abstract.htm; or by writing to: 
American Chemical Society, 1155 Sixteenth Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 
20036.

- -------------------------------------------
Dr. Ruth Pachter        
Materials Directorate, Wright Laboratory
WL/MLPJ, 3005 P St. Suite 1
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433-7702
Tel: (513) 255-6671x3158
Fax: (513) 255-1128
E-mail: [email-masked]
- -------------------------------------------