Subject: Re: stereoscopic glasses

From: [email-masked] (Joel Polowin)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 10:44:06 -0500

> From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 10:15:46 +1
 
> > Does anyone know where the stereoscopic vision glasses may be obtained? 
> > The ones that are used to observe stereoscopic molecular figures. I was 
> > looking to purchase the cheaper plastic/cardboard ones. 
> 
> I bought from Aldrich. You can find two different types in the
> Sigma-Aldrich catalog.

The two types are a gadget with plastic lenses on a sort of stand, and
a hand-held hinged device with mirrors.  The former is appropriate for
looking at printed documents which can be placed horizontally, the latter
for things like stereo displays on a computer screens.  The two devices
are intended for working with stereo displays at different distances --
the former up close, the latter farther away -- and aren't really
interchangeable.  You should be careful to purchase the type which is
appropriate for your needs.

Joel

------------
Joel Polowin, Ph.D.   Manager, Scientific Support
Email to: [email-masked] 

Hypercube Inc, 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, Ont, Canada N2L 3X2 (519)725-4040
Info requests to: [email-masked]    Support questions to: [email-masked]
Email group: Send "subscribe hyperchem" to [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.hyper.com/