Subject: CRYSTAL and AMPAC

From: Artem Masunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 21:11:06 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,
 	Recent summary on CRYSTAL & EMBED rises the question: are there any
other programs available for periodical systems (I mean more advanced
treatment then just empirical force field)? 
	Unfortunately, Crystal92 does not optimize geometry, and Crystal95
is available only for mysterious EEC Human Capital and Mobility Network
members (as Crystal Homepage says).
	AMPAC 2.2 had an option for 1D-periodicals, but it disappeared in
later versions instead of expansion into 2,3D-cases.
	Does anybody knows something else?
	Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Artem
      __   _________ 
     /  \ /  _   _  \   Artem Masunov - [email-masked]
    /    \\  \\  \\  \       Chemistry Department, Hunter College
   /  /\  \\  \\  \\  \          City University of New York
  /  ____  \\  \\  \\  \     695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10021
 /__/\__/\__\\__\\__\\__\ Tel: (212) 725-0317, Fax: (212) 772-5332
 \__\/  \/__//__//__//__/