Subject: Silicon Graphics Indigo2

From: "Oliver Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 10:27:08 SAST-2

Dear ccl'ers

We have a SGI Indigo2 which we use for modelling using BIOSYM's 
software. Our screen has recently died and we are looking at cheaper 
alternatives to what is normally supplied. Has anyone out there 
adapted a high res pc screen to be used on an Indigo2 (XL graphics) 
and what sort of performance does it give? How do you go about it?

Any help or info will be very much appreciated. I'll post a summary 
if anyone else is interested.

Oliver Hill
______________________________________________________________________
| Oliver Hill                        |                               |
| Department of Chemistry            | "The true scientist never     |
| University of Cape Town            |  loses the faculty of         |
| Rondebosch, 7700                   |  amazement. It is the essence |
| SOUTH AFRICA                       |  of his(her) being."          |
| [email-masked] (internet) |                 - HANS SELYE  |
|                                    |                               |
| Tel. +27-21-650-2527               |                               |
| Fax. +27-21-650-3788               |                               |
|____________________________________|_______________________________|
|  http://www.cem.uct.ac.za/PeopleInChemDept/grad/oliver-hill.html   |
|____________________________________________________________________|