Subject: Re: CCL:problem running Hyperchem 4.5

From: [email-masked] (Joel Polowin)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 96 13:22:27 -0500

> From: [email-masked] (Doug Smith)
> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 23:10:07 +0000
> 
> I have version 4.5 running on my Pentium, along with ChemPlus 1.5.  I have
> just changed from Windows 3.1 to Windows NT Workstation 3.51. Now Hyperchem
> does not find the hardware lock, and looks on the network for a network
> license (which doesn't exist). How can I quickly fix this problem?

For HyperChem to communicate with the hardware lock under Windows NT, it
is necessary to install an NT port driver.  That driver is available via
our WWW page (http://www.hyper.com ) under Support / FAQs, or from our
ftp site (ftp.hyper.com) in the support directory.  The file is rainport.exe,
and it is a self-extracting archive file that should be executed with the
'-d' option to restore the directory structure of the archive:

rainport -d

It contains README files that describe the installation procedure.  The
driver is, of course, also available by writing to [email-masked] .

Joel

------------
Joel Polowin, Ph.D.   Manager, Scientific Support
Email to: [email-masked] 

Hypercube Inc, 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, Ont, Canada N2L 3X2 (519)725-4040
Info requests to: [email-masked]    Support questions to: [email-masked]
Email group: Send "subscribe hyperchem" to [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.hyper.com/