Subject: Beta testers wanted: CS Chem3D with MOPAC

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 96 13:28:05 EST

In the next few months we will be starting testing of CS Chem3D 3.5 with 
MOPAC, for Macintosh (68K and PowerPC) and Windows (3.1, 95, and NT) 
computers.  

We will be testing a fully-functioning version of MOPAC 93, the "latest 
and greatest" version of MOPAC developed by Fujitsu and Dr. Jimmy 
Stewart with significant improvements and enhancements over the public 
domain MOPAC 6 and even over MOPAC 7.  This is an authorized release 
that we are producing in collaboration with Fujitsu and 
Dr. Stewart.  In combining MOPAC with Chem3D, we have been able to 
retain all of the powerful computational features of MOPAC while adding 
the ease-of-use features of Chem3D's graphical interface.  No more 
having to generate Z-matrixes and input files -- Chem3D handles all of 
that for you (although you can still run input files directly if you 
want).

There will also be a bunch of enhancements to Chem3D itself.

We have a limited number of openings for qualified beta testers for this 
new product.  If you are interested in testing, we'd love to hear from 
you, but we are particularly interested in people who match any of the 
following descriptions:

1)  Currently use MOPAC and would be able to verify that our results 
    match those produced by other versions (they should!)
2)  Have used MOPAC before and are familiar with its non-obvious
    features (MOPAC power-users)
3)  Have wanted to use MOPAC in the past, but have been put off by its
    interface or unavailability.
4)  ...or?

Anyone interested in participating in this test should complete an 
application form available at http://www.camsoft.com/betainfoform.html 
or by anonymous ftp from ftp.camsoft.com in /pub/support/BETA_README
Please read the important additional information at the top of the form, 
and only submit the application if you agree to the terms listed there.

Thanks a lot.  We hope to hear from you!

Jonathan Brecher
CambridgeSoft Corporation
[email-masked]