Subject: G94 for three new platforms

From: [email-masked] (David Moses)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 12:12:29 -0500 (EST)

Dear Colleague:

 Gaussian, Inc is pleased to announce the availability of Gaussian 94 
 for Linux and FreeBSD operating systems and Hitachi S3600 and S3800
 machines.

  o The Linux version has been tested under Yggdrasil Plug and Play Linux,
    Fall 94 Version, which uses kernel 1.3.20, f2c version 19940329, 
    gcc version 2.5.8 (a.out) and libc version 4.5.26.  

  o The FreeBSD version of Gaussian 94 has been tested and runs under
    FreeBSD version 2.1.0.  

  o The Hitachi version has been tested under HI-OSF/1-MJ version 04-02/A,
    with Fort77/HAP V03-03 and C version 3.2.A.

 Please note that both the Linux and FreeBSD versions will be distributed
 under a site-wide source license, the same as the other workstation
 versions of Gaussian 94.

 Along with these new platform implementations, Gaussian 94 Revision D.1 now
 includes semi-direct CASSCF frequencies (N. Yamamoto, T. Vreven , M.A. Robb,
 M. J. Frisch, H. B. Schlegel, Chem. Phys. Lett. 1996, in press).

 With this announcement, we now distribute Gaussian 94 for the following
 computer platforms and operating systems:
 
     Gaussian 94
     -----------

     Convex C-Series (ConvexOS) and SPP (SPP-UX) 
     Cray C90, YMP, XMP and J90 (UniCOS)                  
     DEC Alpha AXP (OSF1 and OpenVMS)
     Fujitsu VP, VPX, VPP500 and M Series (UXP/M)                
     Hitachi S3600 and S3800 (HI-OSF/1-MJ)
     HP-700 (HP-UX)                 
     IBM RS/6000 (AIX)              
     Intel 486 and Pentium Processors (FreeBSD and Linux)
     NEC SX-3 and SX-4 (SuperUX)             
     Silicon Graphics R4000 and R8000 (IRIX)               
     Sun (Solaris and SunOS)

     Gaussian 94W (executable-only)
     ------------------------------     

     Intel 486 and Pentium Processors (Windows 3.1 and Windows 95)

 We remind users that we maintain a mailing list for those interested in
 subscribing to our free newsletter, Gaussian NEWS.  The newsletter
 discusses new implementations, updates, and future developments of the
 Gaussian system of programs.  It also informs subscribers about upcoming
 user meetings and workshops, and contains features such as user profiles
 and technical notes. To subscribe to Gaussian NEWS, please e-mail your
 full postal address to [email-masked].

 For additional information regarding the Gaussian system of programs,
 please to contact us at the address, telephone numbers (voice or facsimile),
 or electronic mail given below.
 
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*
 | David J. Moses, Ph.D.  |  Carnegie Office Park  |  [email-masked]    |
 | Vice President, C.O.O. |  Building Six          |  412-279-6700 (Voice) |
 | Gaussian, Inc.         |  Pittsburgh, PA 15106  |  412-279-2118 (FAX)   |
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*

 This notice is sent without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied.
 Gaussian is a registered trademark of Gaussian, Inc.  All other trademarks
 are the property of their respective holders.  Specifications and
 availability subject to change without notice.