Subject: Summary of [W(CO)3(Cp)Cl]

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 00:44:37 +0100 (MET)

I posted last year:

*************************************************************************

Dear CCL users,

A friend of mine who hasn't got a proper access to internet is seeking
information about [W(CO)3(Cp)Cl] (Cp= Cyclopentadienyl).
(I hope I got that right)

He'd like to know something about the use of that substance,
spectroscopic data or anything else.

As I am NOT subscribed to the CCL, please send a copy of
your answer to me, that is:

 [email-masked]

Thank you very much in advance

***************************************************************************

These are the responses that I got from CCL-users:

1. [email-masked]: (Timothy K. Firman)

        for info, see:
        C.Bueno,M.R.Churchill
        Inorg.Chem., 20, 2197,1981

        Which contains a crystal structure.

2. [email-masked] (Dr. John Lohrenz):

        Try the library!

3. [email-masked]:

        J. Lee, M.G. Humphrey, D.C.R. Hockless, B.W. Skelton, and A.H. White
         "Mixed Metal Cluster Chemistry.  Site-Selective Reactions of
         CpWIr3(CO)11 with PPh3 and Bidentate Phosphines;
        X-ray Crystal Structures of
        CpWIr3(m-dppe)(m-CO)3(CO)6, CpWIr3(m-dppm)(m-CO)3(CO)6 and
        CpWIr3(m-dppa)(m-CO)3(CO)6."
        Organometallics, 12 (9), 3468-3473 (1993).

Some literature my friend found during his lab:
        Hoffmann, N.W., Inorganic Chimica Acta, 88 (1984) 59-61
        Piper, T.S., Wilkinson G., J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 3 (1956) 104
        Coffey C. E., Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 3 (1956) 104
        here you use W(CO)3(Cp)Cl as an educt.

Thank you very much for your valuable hints.