Subject: ccl: C60 multiple moments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 96 14:41:55 -0200

Dear Netters!

 I need some information (of any kind) about the electrical
multiple moments of neutral C60 molecule.
 I tried to calculate the electronic structure of this
molecule with my own CNDO program using the example from the
HyperChem. These calculations give the non zero dipole moment
for C60. Another hand on a symmetry considerations the first
non zero moment of the molecule must be of 6th order. So my
questions are:
 1.  Why the dipole moment obtained with both in my CNDO
version and HyperChem CNDO for C60 is non zero?
 2.  Does anybody knows any calculations of electrical moments
for C60?

   Thank to all in advance,
                               Shlyapnikov V.A.

   Lab. of Quantum Chemistry
   Institute of Chemistry
   Khishinev MD2028, Moldova
   E-mail: [email-masked]