Subject: conference announcement

From: [email-masked] (Fred Brouwer)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 16:20:49 +0100

MOLECULAR GRAPHICS AND MODELLING SOCIETY

              Conference Announcement

    MOLECULAR MODELLING OF CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS

         University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands

              9th - 10th September 1996

Society's demands for affordable chemicals and materials with novel or
enhanced performance characteristics continue to grow as exciting
new application areas are recognised, and the requirements in existing
areas become increasingly more stringent. Molecular modelling and simulation
techniques have an important role to play in these developments by helping
to provide a more focussed, molecular-level understanding of chemical
products and processes, which in turn can help to guide future experimental
work. This meeting will bring together theoreticians and experimentalists
from a variety of relevant fields to discuss molecular modelling approaches
in chemicals and materials research, and is expected to be of value to
scientists in industry and academe alike. Topics covered by the meeting
will include:

 - Catalysis and Surfaces
 - Fluids and Interfaces
 - Polymers

Organising Committee :
Dr. M.A. King (Shell) Chairman;
Dr. E.A. Colbourn (Oxford Materials Ltd.);
Dr. M.G.B. Drew (University of Reading);
Dr. A.M. Brouwer (University of Amsterdam) Local Organiser;
Dr. R. Peschar (University of Amsterdam) Local Organiser

Speakers who have agreed to attend (so far) include:

Baerends (Amsterdam), Clarke (UMIST), Gale (London), Goddard (Caltech),
Roberts (Strathclyde), Van Santen (Eindhoven), Smit (Shell)

Contributions are invited for consideration by the organising committee.
In addition to poster presentations, there will be space for a limited
number of contributed talks.
Abstracts (maximum one page A4) should be submitted by 31st May 1996 to:

Dr. A.M. Brouwer, Laboratory of Organic Chemistry
Amsterdam Institute of Molecular Studies (AIMS)
Nieuwe Achtergracht 129, 1018 WS Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fax : 31 (0)20 5255670, E-mail : [email-masked]

A limited number of student bursaries will be available.

Registration form/ Meeting details will become available at the end of March

General inquiries : [email-masked] or the above address

WWW page : Http://krop.chem.uva.nl/mgms/