Subject: Re: CCL:Marching Cubes ref

From: [email-masked] (Tom Ngo)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 09:17:19 -0800

At 11:10 AM 3/8/96, Simon Kilvington wrote:
>	does anyone have a reference for Lorensen and Cline's "Marching
>Cubes" paper?  The ref.  I have for it,
>
>Computers & Graphics 22 (1987) 163-169
>
>	doesn't seem to exist

The reference is SIGGRAPH 1987, 163-169.

The formal citation is:  Computer Graphics 21(4), 163-169, 1987
(Until a couple of years ago, the book of proceedings for each annual
SIGGRAPH conference was considered, from a citation perspective, to be just
another issue in the volume of the journal Computer Graphics for that year.
Interestingly, in the graphics community a SIGGRAPH publication is much
more respected than a paper in one of the non-SIGGRAPH issues of Computer
Graphics.)

The confusion was widespread---hence the change.

--Tom

============================================================================
  Tom Ngo                                              Voice: 415/842-6037
  Interval Research Corporation                          FAX: 415/354-0872
  1801-C Page Mill Rd                                     [email-masked]
  Palo Alto, CA 94304-1216
  USA                                        http://www.interval.com/~ngo/