Subject: Indigo2 Solid Impact R10000

From: Piero Ugliengo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 21:18:00 -0800

Dear netters,
SGI is offering to us the new Indigo2 Solid Impact R10000
at an attractive price. 

However, the machine is
quite new and I am not able to get in touch with
people having access to it.

We intend to run crystallographic software (mainly CCP4
programs) graphic software named "O" (to manipulate electron
density of proteins) and quantum chemistry codes (mainly G94).  

I will appreciate any information about real performance and
stability of software (both IRIX and f77 compiler).

Thank you in advance!

-- 
Piero Ugliengo
Dip. Chimica Inorganica, Chimica Fisica e Chimica dei Materiali
Via P. Giuria, 7. I-10125 Torino. ITALY
Voice:+39-11-6707515 FAX:+39-11-6707855 
E-mail:[email-masked]