Subject: Preliminary conference announcement. RACI/Melbourne/Dec 96

From: [email-masked] (Dr. Dave Winkler)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 12:26:35 +1000

Please excuse any cross posts.

RACI MEDICINAL & AGRICULTURAL DIVISION 13TH NATIONAL CONFERENCE

        "UP AND COMING RESEARCH IN AUSTRALIA"

8-11 DECEMBER, 1996, Monash University, Clayton 3168, Victoria,
Australia

The conference will cover all aspects of medicinal and agricultural
chemistry.  Papers are invited for both lecture and poster sessions.
The meeting will be held in conjunction with the ASCEPT pharmacology
conference and some joint sessions will be organized.  The conference will
focus on students and new researchers, emerging research areas in
medicinal and agricultural chemistry, and the interaction of
medicinal chemists and pharmacologists.  There will also be a
symposium on research funding and the research/industry interface.

Preliminary session topics include:
        o  agrochemistry;
        o  toxins;
        o  anti-infectives;
        o  enzyme inhibitors;
        o  automated methods of synthesis and screening;
        o  glycobiology and glycochemistry;
        o  DNA and drugs;
        o  QSAR methods and
        o  medicinal chemistry teaching.

Registration forms and details will be published later to this list and on
our Web page.

Enquiries to:   Dr. Margaret Wong, Department of Applied Chemistry,
                Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn 3122
                Victoria
                Ph: (03)9214-8542       Fax: (03)9819-0834
                email: [email-masked]
or me.

Cheers,

Dave

Dr. David A. Winkler                            Voice: 61-3-9542-2244
Principal Research Scientist                    Fax:   61-3-9543-8160
CSIRO Division of Chemicals and Polymers        CSIRO: http://www.csiro.au
Private Bag 10,Rosebank MDC, Clayton, Australia       http://www.wark.csiro.au