Subject: Software to review

From: "Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 16:21:44 -0500 (EST)

18 March, 1996

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

     As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of
Chemical Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get
software for review in the journal.   I have one (1) new software
product. I am looking for someone who is willing to review this
software product.  In return for the review which is published in
JCICS you get to keep the software or database.  The review
should be completed in 1-3 months.  The length of the review is
4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample reviews can be found in
most of the recent issues of JCICS.

     Please try to give me some (short) reason to choose you over
another person. 

     I have tried this approach for about the past four years and
it is working reasonably well. (REMINDER: For those who haven't
finished your reviews of software sent months and months ago,
this last sentence does not apply to you!)  As a result, I am
continuing this new method to find reviewers using this e-
mail/user group system.  I reserve the right to abandon this if
it is a problem, or inappropriate.  I will not notify people if I
have found a reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within a few
days I have chosen someone else to review the particular package.

     As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message,
please do not respond after 20 March 1996 (Wednesday), as I am
sure the software will be gone by then.

     I can be reached on Internet ([email-masked]).

     PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX
NUMBER!!!  (I send the software by Federal Express.)  Without
this information I WILL NOT consider your request.

     Steve Heller

The package I now have is:

SteamTab:Thermodynamic and Transport Properties of Steam version
1.0, from ChemicaLogic.

The software comes with a set of popular steam engineering
algorithms in the spreadsheet format as templates for Excel 7.0
for Windows 95 or Lotus 1-2-3 for Windows
 
Please specify which version (Lotus or Excel) you would like to
review!

Steve Heller, USDA, ARS, Plant Genome Project
Bldg. 005, Room 337
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350 USA
Phone: 301-504-6055   FAX: 301-504-6231
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW;     www.hellers.com/~steve