Subject: PSB97-Call for Papers:Biopolymer Evolution

From: Erich Bornberg-Bauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 13:00:05 +0100 (MET)

Dear All,
 
   please find enclosed the announcement for a seminar track  and consider
if this might be of interest for you. Forward the message to people you
know who might be interested and suggest appropriate places to post this
announcement to us (f.i. news-groups, email-exploders, inhouse-lists etc.).
The full call can be found at 
        http://www.dkfz-heidelberg.de/tbi/people/bornberg/psb2/eop.html
with corresponding links.
 
   ``Mahalo'' for your cooperation 
 
                                Erich , Richard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
             Conference Announcement And Call for Papers
 
                     BIOPOLYMER STRUCTURES:  
         WHERE DO THEY COME FROM?  WHERE ARE THEY GOING?
    EVOLUTIONARY PERSPECTIVES ON BIOPOLYMER STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION
 
                     A Seminar Track in the
             Second Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing
       January 6-9, 1997 Ritz-Carlton Kapalua,  Maui, Hawaii
 
info at: http://www.dkfz-heidelberg.de/tbi/people/bornberg/psb2/eop.html
                                   
  Biological macromolecules are the result of eons of evolution.  In
order to understand these macromolecules, it is necessary to
understand the evolutionary pressures that determined their current
form.  Conversely, the properties of these macromolecules encode this
heritage, and can provide insight into the process of evolution.  The
effort to understand, reconstruct and simulate the evolution of
biopolymers, including their structure and function, has become a key
task involving such diverse fields as evolutionary biology, molecular
biology, structural biology, biophysical chemistry, and
bio-informatics.
  This track, part of the Second Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing,
invites scientists from related disciplines to present original papers
that discuss new techniques, theories, insights and approaches for
understanding the evolution of biopolymers.  We welcome papers
describing results from a wide range of possible methodologies,
including analyses of the databases of biomolecular sequences and
structures, simple conceptual and computational evolutionary models,
and computational perspectives on experimental results. 
 
DEADLINES
      Submission of Full Papers:        July 1
      Notification of Acceptances:      August 22
      Camera ready copy due:            September 15 
      Conference:                       January 6-9, 1997
 
Further Information concerning possible topics, literature and 
organisation of the conference can be obtained from the web:
 
http://www.dkfz-heidelberg.de/tbi/people/bornberg/psb2/eop.html
 
For questions about the symposium track and about possible manuscript
submissions, please contact the track organizers:
 
Erich Bornberg-Bauer, German Cancer Research Center
Tel.: (+49 - 62 21) 42 - 27 25 Fax.: (+49 - 62 21) 42 - 28 49
email: [email-masked] , [email-masked]
 
Richard A. Goldstein, University of Michigan
tel: (+1 - 313) 763 - 80 13 fax: (+1 - 313) 747 - 48 65
email: [email-masked]
 
For general questions about the conference, contact the conference
coordinator: 
 
Sharon Surles, IS, Inc., 
phone: +1 (619) 658-9782 fax: +1 (619) 658-9463
email: [email-masked]
url: http://cgl.ucsf.edu/psb/psb.html
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------