Subject: 5th ICSA - conference

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 08:37:30 +1

* * * Second Announcement * * *

5th International Conference on Chemical Synthesis of Antibiotics
              and Related Microbial Products
          Debrecen (Hungary) September 1-6, 1996

The Organizing Committee has the pleasure to announce the  "5th
International Conference on Chemical Synthesis of Antibiotics and
Related Microbial Products" which, following previous meeting in
Aussois (France), Oiso (Japan), Banz (Germany) and Nashville
(USA) will be held in Debrecen (Hungary) at the Lajos Kossuth
University, from September 1 (Sunday) to September 6 (Friday),
1996.

The conference will feature plenary lectures, invited lectures
and a poster session. The purpose of the program is to bring
experts together and up to date on the developments of topics
including isolation, structural elucidation, total synthesis,
chemical or biochemical modification and SAR of antibiotics and
related natural products of bilogical importance.

In order to provide you with a meaningful personal scientific
atmosphere, attendance of the Symposium is limited to
approximately 300  conferees.

Already accepted invitation for a lecture:

J.E. Baldwin (Oxford), R. Beugelmans (Gif-sur-Yvette), M.
Chmielewski (Warsaw), B. Fraser-Reid (Durham), S. Hanessian
(Montreal), F.W. Lichtenthaler (Darmstadt), M.J. Miller (Notre
Dome) C. Monneret (Paris), W. Priebe (Houston), H. Redlich
(Munster), K. Shiomi (Tokyo), K.Tatsuta (Tokyo), J. Thiem
(Hamburg), A. Vasella (Zurich), J. Vilarrasa (Barcelona), A. Weis
(San Antinio), D.H. Williams (Cambridge)

The conference site, Lajos Kossuth University, is situated in the
green belt forest area of Debrecen, the second biggest city of
the country, the economic, intellectual and artistic center of
Eastern Hungary. With its historical, cultural and religious
relics the 631-year old Calvinist town offers plenty of sights to
the visitor. Thirty kilometers away from the city the Hortobagy
National Park attracts people with the ancient flora and fauna of
the Great Hungarian Plain and the "puszta". The guests are also
invited to the cellars of Tokaj, to taste the famous Hungarian
wines.

In the university campus a quiet environment is provided to the
conferees for scientific discussions, and there are many
opportunities for recreation on the sport grouds and in the world
famous medicinal spa of the "Big Forest".

Located 230 km east from Budapest, the capital of Hungary,
Debrecen is easily accessible from the Budapest International
Airport by train, car or in chartered buses.

For more information please, write to:

Prof. Ferenc Sztaricskai
President of 5th ICSA
Research Group of Antibiotics of the 
Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 
P.O.Box 70, H-4010 Debrecen, Hungary
Telefax: (+36-52) 310 936

E-mail: [email-masked]

Second Circular is available on request.

To receive further infomation and the Second Circular on the 5th
International Conference on Chemical Synthesis of Antibiotics and
Related Microbial Products Please, return a card to the address
above with the following data:

NAME:__________________________________________________

ADDRESS:_____________
FAX:___________________________________________________

I am interested in atten-    I intend to        I plan to bring
ding the conference___      present a poster__    ___guest(s).

************************************************************************
   Tamas E. Gunda, Ph.D.               phone: (+36-52) 316666 ext 2479
   Research Group of Antibiotics       fax  : (+36-52) 310936
   L. Kossuth University               e-mail: [email-masked]
   POBox 36                                   
   H-4010 Debrecen
   Hungary
************************************************************************