Subject: 96.06.12 Computational Chemistry Workshops

From: "Wayne Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 17:23:47 -0700

Hello all,

Workshop time again! We are continuing to offer three-day intensive
Computational Chemistry Workshops to our chemistry community.
Due to the popular demand on June workshop, I have scheduled a second
workshop in June (June 26-28), in addition to the one in June 12-14.
Drop me a line at [email-masked] for a complete brochure.

Meanwhile, happy computing!

--Wayne

Attachment is the information on the workshop and course materials.
The complete brochure can be sent via fax/mail upon request.
======================================================================

		------------------------------------
		| COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY WORKSHOP |
		------------------------------------

Intensive 3-day workshops focus on application of modern electronic
structure methods to chemistry. Lectures will describe underlying
theory, assess performance of modern electronic structure methods,
outline practical strategies for doing calculations, and illustrate
results of applications to diverse chemical problems. Laboratories
provide hands-on experience using a wide selection experiments, as
well as ample time to explore your own chemistry. Visualization and
animation will also be presented for both educational demonstration
and research presentation.

Here are the summary of workshop information:

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/                                                                _/
_/                    COMPUTATIONAL CHEMSITRY WORKSHOPS           _/
_/						                  _/
_/ Format:      3-day intensive workshop on electronic structure  _/
_/              methods and applications, and hands-on molecular  _/
_/              modeling laboratory on individual workstations.   _/
_/              It will provide:                                  _/
_/							          _/
_/		 o Concise summary of modern electronic structure _/
_/                 methods                                        _/
_/		 o Assessment of range and performance of their   _/
_/		   applications					  _/
_/		 o Hands-on experience in molecular modeling      _/
_/		 o Graphical Analysis of results                  _/
_/		 o Visualization and animation of structures and  _/
_/		   reactions 					  _/
_/							          _/
_/ Schedule:	June Workshop (1):      June 12-14, 1996          _/
_/		June Workshop (2):	June 26-28, 1996	  _/
_/              September Workshop: 	September 4-6, 1996       _/
_/              November Workshop:      November 6-8, 1996        _/
_/								  _/
_/ Instructors: Lecture Section - Dr. Warren Hehre		  _/
_/              Lab Section     - Dr. Wayne Huang		  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Location:    Wavefunction, Inc. Irvine, California, USA	  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Fee:         $1000 (50% off for academics, $500), which        _/
_/		includes course registration, five computational  _/
_/		textbooks and one animated CD-ROM, all breakfasts _/
_/		and lunches.  			                  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Textbooks:	o "Chemistry with Computation", Warren Hehre &	  _/
_/                Wayne Huang, 1995.				  _/
_/								  _/
_/		o "A Laboratory Book of Computational Organic     _/
_/		  Chemistry", Warren Hehere, Alan Shusterman &    _/
_/                Wayne Huang, 1996.				  _/
_/								  _/
_/		o "Experiments in Computational Organic Chemistry"_/
_/                Warren Hehre, Lonnie Burke, Alan Shusterman and _/
_/    		  William Pietro, 1993.				  _/
_/								  _/
_/		o "A Short Course in Modern Electronic Structure  _/
_/  		  Methods", Warren Hehre, 1995.			  _/
_/								  _/
_/		o Educational CD-ROM "SpartanLive - Visualization _/
_/		  of Chemical Structures and Reactions", Tom Hehre_/
_/		  Lonnie Burke, Wayne Huang & Warren Hehre, 1995. _/
_/								  _/
_/		o "Practical Strategies for Electronic Structure  _/
_/		  Calculations", Warren Hehre, 1995.		  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Information: Workshop WWW: http://www.wavefun.com/workshop.html_/
_/		or contact Wayne Huang for further information    _/
_/		including detailed brochure and course curriculum._/
_/              Tel: (714)955-2120 Fax: (714)955-2118	          _/
_/              E-mail: [email-masked]		          _/
_/							          _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/