Subject: Re: CCL:winemu

From: Michael Kotelyanskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 07:40:50 +22305133 (EDT)

Sorry for the trouble,
I understand, that this question may be not relevant for this list, but
As soon as LINUX software questions appear here,

Does anybody know about a place where to get the source code (or recently
compiled LINUX version) of xmgr - very useful plotting and data analysis
tool for X. I have one, but I downloaded compiled version 
but is not stable. It crashes giving Segmentation fault. Looks like
it has problems openning new windows sometimes.

Please reply to me directly, I'll summarize if there will be any interest.

Mike

Michael Kotelyanskii PhD
Department of Chemical Engineering
University of Delaware                          [email-masked]
Newark DE 19716

---

From: Craig Taverner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 14:38:50 +0200 (GMT+0200)

> 	Anybody have any free emulator of windows 3.x for LINUX (eg. 
> winemu, etc)

Both the WINE and the DOSEMU projects are claiming pretty good success 
with win3.1 emulation.  Normally information (and I think installation 
files) are available in the contrib directory of the linux distribution 
(at least I remember seeing it with slackware).  DOSEMU is definitely 
there, and I think WINE is too.

Cheers, Craig

"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the
 usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody
 thinks of complaining."
                -- Jeff Raskin, interviewed in Doctor Dobb's Journal

Craig Taverner
Structural Chemistry, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
tel:   +27-11-716-2290                fax: +27-11-716-3826
email: [email-masked]
www:   http://www.gh.wits.ac.za/craig