Subject: Intramolecular Hydrogen Bridges

From: Kay Kreidler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 08:21:31 +0200

Dear Netters!

I am investigating the structure of 1,2-Dicarboxylic acids, 
1,2-Phosphonocarboxylic acids and 1,2-Diphosphonic acids in aqueous 
solution using molecular modeling methods. For the 1,2-Dicarboxylic 
acids there is an excellent review of Eberson: "The Chemistry of Carboxylic 
Acids and Esters" (Editor S.Patai) p.272-284. Interscience. New York (1969). 

In this article, Eberson described the influence of intramolecular hydrogen 
bridges on the structure of these compounds. As the review is nearly 
30 years old, maybe there is anything newer available? 

More importent to me is the question, if similar papers dealing with the 
1,2-Phosphonocarboxylic or 1,2-Diphosphonic acids exist.

Any suggestions are welcome, I will summarise the answers to the mailing list.

Thanks

Kay Kreidler

Kay Kreidler
Institut fuer Anorganische Chemie und Strukturchemie I
Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf
40225 Duesseldorf
Germany