Subject: Human Serum Albumin x-ray crystal coordinates

From: "Rachelle J. Bienstock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 11:45:26 -0400

For all of those of you interested in the Human Serum
Albumin x-ray crystal coordinates, initially published
by Xe Min He and Daniel Carter in Nature, 358 (209-215), 1992,
I received the following response from Dr. Carter:

Hello Dr. Bienstock,
         
         As you have ascertained, the coordinates of albumin are not yet 
         publicly available.  We hope to begin deposition of some of the 
         structures this year, pending completion of the high resolution 
         refinements and accompanying manuscripts.   While we have
generally 
         answered most of the questions that various colleagues have 
         concerning specific aspects of the structure, I do not see a
simple 
         answer in your case. We have made it a policy not to distribute
the 
         coordinates prior to finishing the final refinements and the
public 
         deposition.  I apologize for any inconvenience to you.
         
         Sincerely,

         Daniel C. Carter
         Senior Scientist for Biophysics

So, after 4 years from initially publishing the coordinates, they are
STILL being refined and are unavailable....

Rachelle