Subject: MM+ bug in HyperChem

From: [email-masked] (Joel Polowin)
Date: Mon, 6 May 96 13:06:41 -0400

An obscure bug has been found in the MM+ force field for HyperChem.  The 
effect is that under certain circumstances, HyperChem reads a set of 
parameters for one torsional angle calculation, and uses the same parameters 
for another torsional angle as well, instead of getting new parameters.  
Further details are available on the HyperChem mailing list and on our 
WWW page (http://www.hyper.com).

We would like to thank Alexandre Hocquet for bringing the problem to our 
attention.  We expect to be issuing corrected versions of the MM+ backend to 
all of our users to correct the problem.  Further details will be available 
soon on our mailing list and WWW site.

Joel

------------
Joel Polowin, Ph.D.   Manager, Scientific Support
Email to: [email-masked] 

Hypercube Inc, 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, Ont, Canada N2L 3X2 (519)725-4040
Info requests to: [email-masked]    Support questions to: [email-masked]
Email group: Send "subscribe hyperchem" to [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.hyper.com/