Subject: Conference Announcement: 5th Conf. on Current Trends in Computational Chemistry

From: Mike Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 1996 12:14:23 -0500

Dear Colleagues:

     We are pleased to announce the 5th conference on CURRENT
TRENDS IN COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY. This symposium, organized by 
Jackson State University, will cover all areas of Computational 
Chemistry, as well as Quantum Chemistry. The local host of the 
conference is US Army Corps of Engineers Waterways Experiments 
Station in Vicksburg. 
     The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg 
(40 miles west of Jackson), Mississippi, on November 1 & 2, 1996.
The format consists of a series of plenary lectures and poster 
presentations on Friday and Saturday, covering applications as
well as theory. In addition, a welcoming reception is scheduled
on Friday night and a banquet on Saturday evening.
     We are planning to publish extended abstracts (up to 4 
pages) of all invited talks and poster presentations.  Original 
scientific contributions will be published in a special issue of 
the Journal of Molecular Structure (THEOCHEM). Manuscripts for
inclusion in the special issue should be submitted in triplicate 
upon arrival at the registration desk. The submitted papers will 
follow the journal's standard refereeing procedure.
     Enclosed are Announcement Poster, a registration form, 
and housing information. The deadline for registration and  
abstract submission is September 1, 1996.

                        Sincerely,

                        Jerzy Leszczynski
                        Chairman of the Organizing Committee
                        Jackson State University
                        Dept of Chemistry
                        1400 JR Lynch St.
                        Jackson, MS 39217
                        Phone:  (601) 973-3482
                        Fax:    (601) 973-3674
                        E-Mail: [email-masked]

			       PROGRAM

The program will include invited papers and contributed posters in 
all areas of Quantum and Computational Chemistry.

			  INVITED SPEAKERS

Charles W. Bauschlicher, Jr.     NASA Ames Research Center

Pavel Hobza                      Czech Academy of Sciences

Suehiro Iwata                    Institute of Molecular 
                                    Science, Okazaki

N. Yngve Ohrn                    University of Florida

Josef Paldus                     University of Waterloo

Jean-Louis Rivail                Universite Henri Poincare

Dennis Salahub                   Universite de Montreal

Harold Scheraga                  Cornell University

Peter Schwerdtfeger              University of Auckland

Gustavo E. Scuseria              Rice University

John Stanton                     University of Texas
                                    at Austin

Mark Thompson                    Pacific Northwest Laboratory

Updated information on conference activities and the
subjects of the invited speakers' talks will be available
on the World Wide Web at 

    http://tiger.jsums.edu:8080/~mikes/compconf.htm

Registration form:

			 5th Conference on

	    CURRENT TRENDS IN COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY

	    NOVEMBER 1 & 2, 1996, Jackson, Mississippi

1.  NAME:

    MAILING ADDRESS:

    TELEPHONE:                  FAX:            E-MAIL:

2.  If you wish to present a poster, please indicate the title
    below.   All abstracts are due September 1, 1996 (up to 4
    pages in length, presenting author underlined, photo-ready 
    quality, in duplicate) to ensure publication in the Conference 
    Materials.

    TITLE:

    AUTHORS:

3.  Conference materials, Banquet and reception fee, all meals from 
    breakfast on Friday through dinner on Saturday, coffee and 
    refreshments are included per paid participant.  

    Make checks payable to :    
         Conference on "Current Trends in Computational Chemistry"
	
    in accord with the fee structure listed below.

    Registration fee before September 1, 1996:   $150.00  $_______
 
    Registration fee thereafter                  $200.00  $_______
 
    Registration fee at student discount         $ 75.00  $_______

5.  HOUSING:  The organizers will not make housing reservations.
    In order to reserve a room at a special conference rate of
    $50.00-$60.00 per room, call Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, 3330 
    Clay Street, Vicksburg, MS 39180.  Phone:(601)636-4551, 
    Fax:(601)636-4552. The reservation should be arranged with 
    the Holiday Inn before October 15, 1996.

    I do___ do not___ plan to stay at the conference hotel.

    I do___ do not___ plan submit a paper to the special issue 
       of THEOCHEM.

                                         _____________________
						     signature

Please type all entries and return to Jerzy Leszczynski, Department
of Chemistry, Jackson State University.  P.O.Box 17910, Jackson,
MS 39217.

Mike Stewart, Graduate Polymer Chemist  Primary:  [email-masked]
The University of Southern Mississippi  Secondary:    [email-masked]
GS d--@ H-- s+: g+ a- w+@ v+ C++ UA+ N++ 5++ j++ b++@ e+++ u** y+++ n----