Subject: Z-matrix generation

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 08:42:32 +1

>    Hallo CCL readers,
>        Yong asked
>        "Drawing program to generate Z-matrix":
> Does anybody know a drawing program we can use to generate the Z-matrix
> for DOS or Windows? I know CAChe Editor is very good but it's for Mac. (CAChe
> Editor combines with CAChe MOPAC can generate Z-matrix but Editor  alone
> can't). It's better to be a freeware or shareware. Thank you for any response.
>

A solution could be Mol2Mol 3.1 from Cherwell Sci. Publ., Oxford.
It is a chemical file conversion utility, and not for drawing, but
understands a lot of formats of other programs. If you have a 3D structure
created by another modelling program, Mol2mol converts it to a Z-matrix 
interactively, i.e. you can create different Z-matrices with different
formats and by using different algorithms from the same molecule. 

Tamas Gunda

************************************************************************
   Tamas E. Gunda, Ph.D.               phone: (+36-52) 316666 ext 2479
   Research Group of Antibiotics       fax  : (+36-52) 310936
   L. Kossuth University               e-mail: [email-masked]
   POBox 36                                   
   H-4010 Debrecen
   Hungary
************************************************************************